Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Fantastic Four

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AAATripper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Fantastic Four Reply with quote

I personally thought that F4 was another so-so super hero movie. There was one 5minute battle scene in the whole movie that was more a physiclesson/tauntwar than anything. Jessica Alba was frequently stripping down though, (a nice touch). The movie was based more on the team trying NOT to be the fantastic four more than what the fantastic four does as heroes. I would tell more with spoiler warnings but i dont know how to make the gray boxes over text.

I give F4 a 6 out of 10.
Baraqiel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mostly agree, really. It would have been really easy to make this movie a lot more horrible than it was, however, so I do give credit where credit is due! I've seen way, way worse screw-ups.

And yes... Jessica Alba - Clothing = Gooder Movie (Yes, I said gooder. Thinking of Jessica Alba does that to me)

My main problem with it, however, was the final battle scene and it's very... well, no better way to say this. It could have been a lot better.

I still pretty much enjoyed it, however, and I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been much of a F4 fan, and even less so a Doctor Doom fan, but they so got his character so wrong it was laughable. I literally burst out laughing when, even after he went through the transformation (which the real Doc Doom didn't need) and put on the mask and robe, he still talked like an 80's business tycoon. I mean, come on. At least give him a Russian accent, for God's sake.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there were differences between F4's movie and comic book, I purposefully didn't notice. When I go see a movie that's based on something else, I try to look at it as an entirely different entity. If you try to compare two different mediums for the same basis, you'll always be disappointed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Fantastic Four Reply with quote

Tripper wrote:
Jessica Alba was frequently stripping down though, (a nice touch).

Must... see... movie... and... stop... drooling... by... the... thought... of... it....

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Dahaka

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bah, i called it, i told you it would suck (refer:war of worlds future warnings)

go watch Incredibles
Aramor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dahaka wrote:
go watch Incredibles

What scene showed Jessica Alba again in the Incredibles... oh wait, they don't have Jessica Alba in the Incredibles... too bad...

(I do have the special 2 disc edition or something of the Incredibles, but that's not important right now...)

I'm just gonna search Jessica Alba on Google now, for no apparent reason... you know... you don't? Well, then shut up... or something...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: