Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Favorite Member of the Justice League
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Well?
Superman
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Batman
42%
 42%  [ 16 ]
Green Lantern
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
The Flash
13%
 13%  [ 5 ]
Wonder Woman
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Green Arrow
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Martian Manhunter
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Aquaman
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 38

Artemorra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Wote goes for.. Green Lantern! Yay! Razz
That guy rules. Very Happy
power pervades me and lies
me low, but as the same time
a new strenght is born in
my soul."
-Sopor Aeternus & The Ensemble of Shadows
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, Green Lantern's cool and all, but seriously--a weakness to things that are YELLOW?

And not counting that stint because the premise of the Teen Titans at the start was that they were a league of SIDEKICKS.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Isaac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Justice League cartoon is awesome. Teen Titans is kewl too, but it was always confusing to me. As a lover of the old Batman series, it never really made sense why Robin is a young kid fighting crime with these weird superheros, when everyone knows he was in the circus with his family until they died and he started fighting crime with batman. (And, though I watch it occasionally, I do not enjoy anime.) Anyone watch the old Superfriends shows? That was pretty sweet.

"They tried to kill him with a forklift!" - MST3K
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Justice League Unlimited? Yeah, I love that show--Green Arrow finally gets his dues, plus there are so many more opportunities for humor with an expanded roster.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
jumbo55

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Favorite Member of the Justice League Reply with quote

RobinHood3000 wrote:
Well, who's your favorite member of the Justice League? I'm a Green Arrow/Ollie Queen fan myself; anyone else? Also, if you like a specific incarnation of a superhero (e.g., Hal Jordan over Kyle Raynor), say so.

green arrow...cuz he cool lol Cool
QueenofEville

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dream Justice League, in order from most favorite character to least:

Green Lantern - Kyle Raynor
The Flash - Wally West
Batman
Superman
Martian Manhunter
Green Arrow (back from the dead)
Aquaman (I prefer the long-haired, bearded, hook for a hand version)
Wonder Woman

Hawkgirl was never a member of the JLA in the comics. She's Justice Society in the comics. Only in the animated show did she join the JLA.

For the record, the history of the Robins...(from the comics)...

Dick Grayson - The first Robin. Was fired as Robin and became Nightwing. Founding member of the Teen Titans. Now semi-leader of The Outsiders (along with Speedy, who is now named Arsenal) and a stand-alone vigilante in Bludhaven.

Jason Todd - Killed by the Joker thanks to an overwhelming vote by comic book readers. Possibly returning in a current Batman comics story arch.

Tim Drake - The current Robin. Has the potential to be a better detective than Batman. Found out Batman's secret ID on his own, then basically blackmailed the Bat into letting him be Robin. Retired briefly, now back, and member of the (new) Teen Titans.

Spoiler - Tim Drake's semi-girlfriend took over the role briefly when Tim retired as Robin. She's dead now and Tim Drake is back in the Robin costume.

Carrie - Robin / Catgirl from The Dark Knight Returns and DK2. Not technically a "continuity" Robin since DK is a potential future and not part of the core storylines. And I personally hate her. But, that's just me. Wink
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, cool. Good to have an authoritative index.

Yeah, I prefer the new Aquaman, too. The orange shirt just seemed a smidgen too loud at times...

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Female Anonymous

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Other Reply with quote

The Question has no face. Neutral I have no Identity.

“PMS Avenger I only work seven days of the month that ok?” WEAR’S MY BAZOOKA U FOOL!

~ Abe is a sexy beast ~

Agent X Take ME Home U STUD!!
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite sure; how faithful is the Question character from the television show to the Question in the comics?

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
QueenofEville

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobinHood3000 wrote:
I'm not quite sure; how faithful is the Question character from the television show to the Question in the comics?

I'm not hugely familiar with the comics Question. But, from what my roommate tells me, they've played up his conspiracy theory angle and played down his combat ability. Apparently, in the comics, he can pretty much go toe to toe with Batman as both a hand-to-hand combatant, and a detective. So, I'm guessing they played a bit so as not to have a Batman clone, so to speak. I am LOVING The Question on the cartoon, though. I just wish they'd stuck with the hour-long episodes instead of cutting back to 30 minutes.
The Snoo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinitra wrote:
RobinHood3000 wrote:

I'm not hugely familiar with the comics Question. But, from what my roommate tells me, they've played up his conspiracy theory angle and played down his combat ability. Apparently, in the comics, he can pretty much go toe to toe with Batman as both a hand-to-hand combatant, and a detective. So, I'm guessing they played a bit so as not to have a Batman clone, so to speak. I am LOVING The Question on the cartoon, though. I just wish they'd stuck with the hour-long episodes instead of cutting back to 30 minutes.

They're playing question a lot closer to the character Rorschach from the comic "watchmen". Rorschach was originally based on question because Alan Moore could'nt get the rights to use the actual character in the first palce.

Rorschach

The Question
QueenofEville

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Snoo wrote:
They're playing question a lot closer to the character Rorschach from the comic "watchmen". Rorschach was originally based on question because Alan Moore could'nt get the rights to use the actual character in the first palce.

Aaaahhh. Yeah, I can definitely see that. Hadn't really occurred to me before you pointed it out. Rorshach RULES!!
scharb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading an article about a comic back when I was seven on IGN, back when they had Pokemon of the Day (which was actually hilarious and had almost nothing to do with pokemon) I saw this thing about Martian Manhunter. So I clicked the link and it starts describing an early (justice league, I'd think) comic where he goes on a rampage because Aquaman hides his cookies from him as a joke. Like, these oreo things. And he starts tearing up the city like some sort of Hulk ripoff.

I think.

anyway, I watched the older Justice League, and that was good. Good plots and all, and I loved the Flash.

I also am a closet teen titans fan. I do not enjoy the Anime or stupid joke parts of it, but the rest is another Justice League. The show has its good and bad episodes.

I only saw one episode of the new justice league, and I did not like what I saw. It seemed that they'd strayed from the awesomeness of the old ones where they focused on just the main characters of the league.
QueenofEville

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scharb wrote:
...Martian Manhunter... goes on a rampage because Aquaman hides his cookies from him as a joke. Like, these oreo things. And he starts tearing up the city like some sort of Hulk ripoff.

Oh yeah. I remember that. MM LOVED Oreos back in the day. They pretty much got rid of that a long time ago, but that was funny as hell. Don't mess with his cookies, man. Smile
Frost

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize this is Justice League DC characters. But MY favorite superheros are Marvels awesome characters. Spiderman, Hulk, Daredevil, and of course the X-Men.

The only justice league ive actually seen is that newer show that was on cartoon network. Going by that show...the Martian Manhunter was kick ass.
-- Zapp Brannigan
riff13

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted for Batman, but only because Green Lantern brags too much about his sexual abilities.

http://www.superdickery.com/seduction/36.html
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman..all the way. He is one of the few DC supreheros I like. I was more of a marvel fan myself. That and Darkhorse comics

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
QueenofEville

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

riff13 wrote:
I voted for Batman, but only because Green Lantern brags too much about his sexual abilities.

http://www.superdickery.com/seduction/36.html

Feh. Screw Hal Jordan. The only GL I dislike more than him is Guy Gardner. I'll take Alan Scott, Kyle Raynor or Jon Stewart over Hal any day. Hell, I'll take G'nort or Ch'p before Hal too. I can't believe they brought Hal back. Shoulda just left the bastard dead. At least as The Spectre, his bastardness was appropriate. Razz

However, that site RULES. I laughed myself silly back when it was just supermanisadick.com. Examples of Superman being a dick can be seen here.
riff13

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I've never liked any of the Green Lanterns. I was just trying to seguae to my favorite pic on that site.[/url]
ash_wednesday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wold like to change my vote to supergirl since she fights in a mini skirt Wink

"Bite my 50% miss chance."

--Order of the Stick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aramor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, yeah... I saw the cartoon, and she's cool... the Green Arrow was cool too... I think she was flirting with him btw in that episode Razz

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah, Ollie's taken. He and Black Canary will develop quite a history, assuming they go by the comic book storylines.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
QueenofEville

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobinHood3000 wrote:
Bah, Ollie's taken. He and Black Canary will develop quite a history, assuming they go by the comic book storylines.

Looks like it's going that way to me.

Interesting that they've had Huntress and Question hook up as well.

And the love triangle with GL, Hawkgirl and Vixen.

Now if only they'd do something with Batman and Wonder Woman like they were playing with last season. As long as it's not the HUGE letdown that they did in the comics.

And didn't Ollie and Dinah break up in the comics? He's has been having a fling with the new Inekchuk chick (whatshername Manitou) in Justice League Elite. I seem to remember Dinah punching him in the nose over Arrowette (or whatever they're calling her - his newest sidekick who just joined the Teen Titans) and leaving him.

Of course, I read just enough comics to have crossover continuity problems (Like how in Outsiders Nightwing is always in NYC and didn't "kill" Blockbuster, while in all the Gotham titles, he's in and around Gotham/Bludhaven and did "kill" Blockbuster), so I could be mistaken.
RobinHood3000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not sure, but I think after the Stanley Dover/Resurrection of Ollie storyline (I dunno what the official name is), they get back together, or are at least poised to.

...cliiiiiiiiiick...
Nyah

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about J'hon? He's so creepily cool! I'm appalled!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Movies & TV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: