Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
What made you unhappy today?
    page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 230, 231, 232

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Munan wrote:
I know it sounds childish, but I'm 35 and only discovered this just a few years ago and it works for me!

Yeah, that was the first thing I did with my supervisor yesterday, so I got that part covered.

Munan wrote:
If possible, turn of the internet (really shut it down) during most of the days.

But then my radio is gone! But yesterday afternoon I found something that worked though. After being busy for a couple of hours, I treated myself to some Cracked.com. So if I use the internet as a reward, it should work.

Munan wrote:
Good luck, man and make sure you don't get stuck in the moment. But I know, by being aware of the risk yourself, you've already taken a great step towards not getting stuck.

Yeah, I've started working on that whole "not getting stuck in the moment" thing for some time now. The problem is that I've gotten really good at it over the last few years, but luckily I've got a loving girlfriend who's beating that out of me Razz

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Aurelyn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just chanced upon this post by Aramor from 4 years ago - how's your life plan going now that it's all coming to an end?

Aramor wrote:
It's like 2012 and stuff. You know, Mayan calender ending, comet passing the earth or something like it, all planets aligning... I don't know. I just hope we get some kind of Armageddon sized disaster, because I've planned my whole life already with the knowledge of 2012 being our last year.

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.

Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
cfos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Aramor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurelyn wrote:
I just chanced upon this post by Aramor from 4 years ago - how's your life plan going now that it's all coming to an end?

Pretty good. I got a girlfriend, a dog and 2 rabbits, so I should be able to repopulate the earth once everybody else is dead. And ofcourse I'll survive, I've been playing so much Fallout ever since the first that I'm fully prepared to survive the post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Aracno

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aramor wrote:
I got a girlfriend, a dog and 2 rabbits, so I should be able to repopulate the earth once everybody else is dead.

Are you gonna clone the dog? Or is it a hermaphrodite? Razz
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually planning on making a girlfriend-dog-rabbit hybride...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I think I royally screwed myself this time. I'm graduating, and I'm pretty much near the end of my internship (this is my last week). I got my report and everything practically done and I was about to register for my graduation presentation. And then I found out that that had to be done before the 3rd of august.

Now I probably have to wait 2 more months before I can graduate, which brings all sorts of administrative problems. I also still don't have a job and it's all because I'm a fucking lazy, unorganized fuckbag... I really kinda hate myself right now.

Oh yeah, and the internet radio keeps disconnecting so I only have music half the time, which is really annoying.

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
Smiley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am extremely unhappy. It's been a brutal 2-3 weeks.

It started middle of last month when our hours at work were cut from 40 to 32. This means that I have only four days in which to attempt to get five days worth of work done in a week. 32 hours is still considered full-time, but I'm constantly stressed and feeling behind in my tasks. Losing the extra income isn't so bad because I am allowed to use vacation time to make up the lost day each week, and I have a lot of accrued vacation time.

I've been at this job for 15 years. Every five years we're given the chance to select a special gift from an eAwards site. For my 15th anniversary gift I chose a portable DVD player with two headphone sets and a nice carrying case. I can't get packagse delivered at home because my apartment building has asstastic security. So I had the gift shipped to work. It came two weeks ago.

It happened to arrive on the one day a week I'm scheduled to be off. Someone took it from my desk. My manager was on vacation when this happened, and didn't get back until this week. So for two weeks I've been eating my feelings and trying not to act like I don't trust anyone.

He reviewed the video and found out who did it. But the corporate loss prevention guy in charge of investigating and processing theft is on vacation, so the perp still has a job.

Then the hard drives on our home PC died last weekend. Luckily my lady and I were dilligent in backing up files and documents, and what we didn't back up was able to be salvaged from the hard drive by a techie friend of ours. But now we're without a computer and all the programs that we need on a regular basis. I'm typing this from a shared computer in the lobby of my apartment building.

Also, last Friday, my high speed work printer which is crucial to my job goes down. I call it in for service and I'm told there's no service contract on it. I get in touch with my corporate program manager. I wasn't able to get a tech on site until today... my day off. Of course.

Then I get a call this morning from my assistant manager saying I am needed. On my day off. It takes me 90 minutes to get to work on a weekday during rush hour, about two hours during non-rush. I explain this to him and he says it's very important that I come in. He won't tell me what's so damned important over the phone.

So I get up, get dressed, trudge down to the Metro, get to work around 11:20am, and my AM tells me that my assistant, the only other person in the facility who knows anything about my job, is being let go. This person was undergoing training to fully understand my job so that I could take a vacation at some point. I haven't been on a vacation in over two years. Hence all the accrued vacation time.

At least while I was at work I was able to talk to the technician who was working on my high speed printer. But he told me the thing is probably a goner. Knowing how long it takes corporate to do anything, it seems that I'll be fucked for the forseeable future because there's no chance they get me a new printer anytime this year.

So, yeah, it sucks to me be right now.
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, man. I've heard the expression "When it rains, it pours", but in your case, "When it rains it pours, floods, causes power outages, and anarchy."

Hope it gets better.
Smiley

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So last Thursday an old friend killed himself in the back yard of his parents' house, where he'd lived since he was one and a half years old. He was buried Friday. Visited his folks on Tuesday, then went drinking with all the close friends that night.

Been a rough summer. Can't fucking wait for the fall. I just want to stop being angry at life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> General B.S. All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 230, 231, 232
Page 232 of 232

Jump to: