Alien Loves Predator Forum Index
         
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
What are you playing at the moment?
    page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
count



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 332

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juggling Mass Effect 1, Borderlands, Final Fantasy 1, Castle Crashers, Chrono Trigger and Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. It all depends on my mood, where I am and who is online.

You were all right about Mass Effect too, I love the freedom of this game, it's fast becoming a favorite.
_________________
Bloo wrote:
This is aLp, bitch!

It's like the opposite and stuff.


Aramor wrote:
You wouldn't know a quote if one came up and sat on your head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, get this. ME1 may be Bioware's second worst game ever, just after Neverwinter Nights. And even then NWN was pretty awesome back in the day.

But ME2, oh man. My favoritest game evar. Seriously.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
count



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 332

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beat ME1 a few days ago, not happy with my final Shepard so I started over again. I was Vanguard/Spacer first time through, Infiltrator/Earthborn this time. I'm liking it a lot more.
_________________
Bloo wrote:
This is aLp, bitch!

It's like the opposite and stuff.


Aramor wrote:
You wouldn't know a quote if one came up and sat on your head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
count



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 332

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imported my ME1 character into ME2 and started it up last night. I'm feeling kinda let down by the change in game mechanics.
_________________
Bloo wrote:
This is aLp, bitch!

It's like the opposite and stuff.


Aramor wrote:
You wouldn't know a quote if one came up and sat on your head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

count wrote:
I imported my ME1 character into ME2 and started it up last night. I'm feeling kinda let down by the change in game mechanics.
Your opinion will change very quickly.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Frost



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 05 Jul 2005
Posts: 2442
Location: The Realm of Suck

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
count wrote:
I imported my ME1 character into ME2 and started it up last night. I'm feeling kinda let down by the change in game mechanics.
Your opinion will change very quickly.


Agreed. I think the initial disappointment is pretty much unanimous, but I you'll probably like it eventually.
_________________
You forget one thing: rock crushes scissors. But paper covers rock... and
scissors cuts paper... Kiff, we have a conundrum. Search them for paper... and
bring me a rock.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Aurelyn
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 3578
Location: Aw Hell No!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah - any initial disappointment was almost immediately overridden by the realisation that combat wasn't going to suck for the whole game.
_________________
Da Fro-mastah of da aLp Forums!

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.


Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bloo



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 3137
Location: vertigo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black-Ops. Combat Training on Veteran is like a Veteran campaign climax loop from the basement of hell's lowest fucking dungeon. With fucking killstreaks. They're slightly better in this game, at least, but holy shit, is it as fun as is it bullshit.

...which probably describes every Call of Duty game after the 4th one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
count



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 332

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got kinda tired of ME2 and got Full House Poker and Ghostbusters Sanctum Of Slime off XBox Live. Pretty fun.
_________________
Bloo wrote:
This is aLp, bitch!

It's like the opposite and stuff.


Aramor wrote:
You wouldn't know a quote if one came up and sat on your head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aurelyn
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 3578
Location: Aw Hell No!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Dragon Age 2.

Winning.
_________________
Da Fro-mastah of da aLp Forums!

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.


Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sal



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Jul 2005
Posts: 4628
Location: home and such

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing the hell out of NBA 2k11. It's fucking sweet. Learning the fine art of gamepad controls in the process.
_________________
i have no time for anal love
Simon_Says wrote:
Sal, you're my favourite member again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurelyn wrote:
Playing Dragon Age 2.

Winning.

My gaming life is gonna be quite full.

I gotta get a proper playthrough of DA:O and Awakening before I delve into DA2. I also gotta finish my run of the Witcher cause yeah, Witcher 2 is influenced by choices in the former. And then I gotta play Guild Wars.

And I'm gonna be sick of fantasy rpgs so I'll be playing Metro 2033, Stalker 3, Deus Ex, Starcraft 2, Civilization 5, Dawn of War 2...

GAH.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Sal



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Jul 2005
Posts: 4628
Location: home and such

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
I also gotta finish my run of the Witcher cause yeah, Witcher 2 is influenced by choices in the former.

It is? Sweet.
I finished my second thorough playthrough about a week ago (with an almost yearlong break in between). Explored the ruthless bastard/elf ally route this time around.
Spoiler:
I had no mercy for Abigail, Vincent, Adda and Berengar. Still didn't slaughter the cow though.

Also, the hard difficulty level is far too easy, what with your rapidly developing skills and nigh endless supply of potions and ingredients. I hope the sequel will deliver a more challenging experience.
_________________
i have no time for anal love
Simon_Says wrote:
Sal, you're my favourite member again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Aurelyn
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 3578
Location: Aw Hell No!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Simon. The gameplay in DA2 is very different to Origins - it's quite a bit faster. The only thing you import from the first game is the history. I am unfortunately finding that even hard mode is much much too easy in DA2, only nightmare provides any kind of challenge. Sigh. Also, Deus Ex is still one of the best games ever made. I wish they'd make a sequel worthy of it.

@Sal. The Witcher also suffered from being far too easy if you had any cop with the alchemy stuff.
_________________
Da Fro-mastah of da aLp Forums!

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.


Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sal



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Jul 2005
Posts: 4628
Location: home and such

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurelyn wrote:
Also, Deus Ex is still one of the best games ever made. I wish they'd make a sequel worthy of it.

Isn't a flashy reboot/sequel/remake in the works? I'm sure I've seen a teaser video some time ago.
_________________
i have no time for anal love
Simon_Says wrote:
Sal, you're my favourite member again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
count



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 332

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent an all night gaming session on ME2 and I'll admit, I'm really enjoying it. As my friend said this morning, "once you get past the fact that it's not Mass Effect 1, you'll enjoy it a lot more." He was right.
_________________
Bloo wrote:
This is aLp, bitch!

It's like the opposite and stuff.


Aramor wrote:
You wouldn't know a quote if one came up and sat on your head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sal wrote:
Aurelyn wrote:
Also, Deus Ex is still one of the best games ever made. I wish they'd make a sequel worthy of it.

Isn't a flashy reboot/sequel/remake in the works? I'm sure I've seen a teaser video some time ago.
Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution

It's a prequel. It certainly looks pretty. The pre-release info we got looks promising.

It's being published by Square Enix.

Pray, and pray hard for this one.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14141
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Fallout: New Vegas again. Except this time I'm gonna be evil. I helped the Powder Gangers take over Goodsprings and I'm gonna help the Legion and everything.

Too bad the NCR took over the Correctional Facility and wiped out all of my good friends in there, but they'll pay!
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
count



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Posts: 332

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat Arkham Asylum tonight, I was pretty let down by the overall gameplay.
_________________
Bloo wrote:
This is aLp, bitch!

It's like the opposite and stuff.


Aramor wrote:
You wouldn't know a quote if one came up and sat on your head.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flyingstu



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Posts: 195

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting through Bulletstorm today, love multiple challenges for basically making peoples balls explode.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Aramor



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Mar 2005
Posts: 14141
Location: On a cyborg unicorn pony!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got Killzone 3. It's awesome.
_________________
Photoshopperholic wrote:
Mighty Lord Aramor


Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Aurelyn
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 3578
Location: Aw Hell No!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planescape:Torment. I come back to this every few years - surely one of the finest RPGs ever made. A particularly dedicated fan community has created a whole series of bugfixes, tweaks and mods for the game which sort out a lot of gameplay issues, restore a great deal of game content and introduce features from other similar-type games such as Baldur's Gate II and Icewind Dale. Someone also wrote a mod allowing it to be properly viewed on a high-resolution monitor. Well worth a look if anyone still owns the game.
_________________
Da Fro-mastah of da aLp Forums!

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.


Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon_Says



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 17 Apr 2005
Posts: 6823
Location: Being generally opposing.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurelyn wrote:
Planescape:Torment. I come back to this every few years - surely one of the finest RPGs ever made. A particularly dedicated fan community has created a whole series of bugfixes, tweaks and mods for the game which sort out a lot of gameplay issues, restore a great deal of game content and introduce features from other similar-type games such as Baldur's Gate II and Icewind Dale. Someone also wrote a mod allowing it to be properly viewed on a high-resolution monitor. Well worth a look if anyone still owns the game.
Correct.

Also god damnit how could you mention this mod without linking to it?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Aurelyn
Moderator


Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 24 Jan 2007
Posts: 3578
Location: Aw Hell No!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Aurelyn wrote:
Planescape:Torment. I come back to this every few years - surely one of the finest RPGs ever made. A particularly dedicated fan community has created a whole series of bugfixes, tweaks and mods for the game which sort out a lot of gameplay issues, restore a great deal of game content and introduce features from other similar-type games such as Baldur's Gate II and Icewind Dale. Someone also wrote a mod allowing it to be properly viewed on a high-resolution monitor. Well worth a look if anyone still owns the game.
Correct.

Also god damnit how could you mention this mod without linking to it?


Sorry Simon, everything you could possibly want can be found here. The instructions aren't terribly good - they don't mention it there, but the widescreen mod and the associated UI need to be installed last, after all the other mods - if you install it, and then apply a mod that tweaks the interface, the game crashes constantly.
_________________
Da Fro-mastah of da aLp Forums!

Master Chainsaw wrote:
Aurelyn becomes enraged by imbecilic displays of illiteracy, as is his wont.


Simon_Says wrote:
Sal would know. He stole many jobs from guys named Shaun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sal



Gender: Gender:Male
Joined: 29 Jul 2005
Posts: 4628
Location: home and such

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurelyn wrote:
@Simon. The gameplay in DA2 is very different to Origins - it's quite a bit faster. The only thing you import from the first game is the history. I am unfortunately finding that even hard mode is much much too easy in DA2, only nightmare provides any kind of challenge. Sigh.


I'm feeling like picking up Dragon Age after all. Do I need to play the first one first to be able to play the sequel, or are they two separate stories/experiences and I can just go straight for DA2?
_________________
i have no time for anal love
Simon_Says wrote:
Sal, you're my favourite member again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group