Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
Who would win in a 1 on 1 battle, Predator or Master Chief?
    page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Pred vs MC
Predator
75%
 75%  [ 42 ]
Master Chief
25%
 25%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 56

Frost

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Who would win in a 1 on 1 battle, Predator or Master Chief? Reply with quote

Hey yall. Who would win in a fight, Predator or Master Chief?

In my opinion, I would have to say the Chief. He's stronger, faster, smarter, and is a better hand to hand fighter.

But on the other hand...the Predator has all the stealth and the weapons.

Heck, I don't know : D
-- Zapp Brannigan
Aramor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Who would win in a 1 on 1 battle, Predator or Master Chi Reply with quote

FROST wrote:
I would have to say the Chief. He's stronger, faster, smarter, and is a better hand to hand fighter.

Yeah, right...

I totally think the Pred would woop Master Chief's ass... he'd have a bolt of plasma going through his ribcage before he can say "sux2bu!!1!one"...

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Holly Resurrected

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, who's Master Chief again?

Still internet married to Tripper.
Frost

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would take about 4 plasma bolts to break through the Chiefs energy shielding, tho.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great... another halo junkie. Dude, this is the Aliens Predators, all that forum. Your halo shinanigans can go into the general bs or entertainment section.

But okay... MC vs Predator Blooded.

------------------------------

Strength: 1 point
MC > pred
Master Chief can flip over a 50+ ton tank. What more do you want?

Agility: 1 point
MC < Pred
The Predator can swing through trees. Master Chief can jump like a mofo, but he aint a gibbon.

Endurance: 1 point
MC > Pred
This was a tough one, but Master Chief wins. He can run around at fully capacity at the brink of death. The predator's ability to fight weakens when wounded severely (to be confirmed).

Combat Longevity: 2 points
MC > Pred
This also was a very tough one. Master Chief wins with his regenerating shields. All he needs is some cover and his ammo is his only limit. The Predator on the other hand rarely gets wounded, but when he is hurt, he has a medkit that must be used outside of combat situations. The Pred may survive more battles, but Master Chief is more likely to survive the battle, as well as survive more than one battle.

-edit-: If we treat the predator plasma cannon as a fuel rod cannon due to thier similarity in capability, then the shields would be a neccesary measure to survive the shots. MC can withstand a close-proximity fuel rod detonations, but this leaves little damage on the health bar, being mostly absorbed by the shields instead. Due to the regenerative nature of spartan shield tech, MC could withstand comparitively massive predator bombardement if he was able to find cover and evade fire.

Perception: 2 points
MC < Pred
The Predator can cycle through multiple methods of vision modes, including thermal and infrared (night vision). Master Chief has an onboard movement tracker that can differentiate between enemy, ally, and neutral movemet sources. I'd preferably like both at once.

-edit- it ahs come to my attention that the Predator would be able to see Master Chief even when he is camoflauged. Master Chiefs radar does nto detect cloaked enemies. The point ahs been given to the redaotr.

Arsenal - Melee: 1 point
MC < Pred
The wristblades dude, the wristblades.

-edit-: It has come to my attention that the Predator can use cloaking technology to approach MC directly and kill him then and there. I believe the Predator should deserve some recognition for this ability, however, cloaked MC can still sneak up behind the enemy also and instant kill.

-redit- see 'perception'

Arsenal - Ranged: 2 points
MC = Pred
Master Chief's weaponry is numerous, versitile, but he can only carry two weapons at a time. the Predator has many weapons, all available to him at any one time, and the plasma cannon packs punch similiar to a fuel rod. I'm gonna get flamed for saying this but the Predator would survive the majority of situations when confronting MC directly. However if the MC were able to snipe the Pred, rocket him, shotgun him, or ambush him smartly, the MC would win definately. Depends on the situation.

Arsenal - Miscellaneous: 1 point
MC > Pred
It's basically grenades vs nuclear watch. Grenades. The Pred will only use the self nuke if he basically has already lost. There you go.

Tactical Sense: 2 points
MC < Pred
This one needed thought. Both the MC and Predators were trained to be the ultimate fighting machines. So they would both be able to develop tactics, use terrain, hide for ambushes, and so on. But the Pred has stealth on his side. Invisibility offers a huge advantage. You can trap enemies easier, go anywhere you can that would be the best place to shoot, and walk up to your enemy face to face and he wouldn't see you. Pred wins by along shot. The Master Chief can go invisible. But only for short periods of time and he depends on exterior powerups to use the ability.

------------------------------

Final Tally
Master Chief ----------Predator
--- 7 --------------- 8 ---

In my view Master Chief would win stastically ~46.6% of the time. Bonus recognition should be awarded to the Predator because can use cloaking technology to sneak up on MC killing him instantly. Master Chief would not be able to detect a cloaked predator without actively searching for the refraction given off by Pred cloaks.

If my method requires correction or addition, please tell me and I'll update.

For those who beleive the predator shoulder mounted plasma cannon to be nothing like the fuel rod from Halo PC Multipalyer:

Quote:
The PPC (Predator Plasma Cannon) fires large, low velocity bolts of superheated ionized gas that explodes upon impact with any substance the desnity of rock or more. These bolts can instantly kill any unprotected human being upon contact.

The FRC (Fuel Rod Cannon) fires large, low velocity bolts of superheated ionized gas that explodes upon impact with any substance the density of rock or more (Mjolnir Armor is made of metal). These bolts kill any unshielded human being upon contact. The only differences here is the bulk of the weapon (purely aesthetic) and the arc of the projectiles trajectory (which is almost physically immposible due to the nature of plasma, unless the density of air or higher (very hard to do) it will arc upward.)

You can now see the ability of both weapons are very similiar. Just change the aesthetics, get rid of the arc, slap on auto-tracking and you got a PPC. Now we can understand why I treat the PPC as a FRC, we can also understand why i treat capability of a Spartan in Mjolnir Mark V Battle Armor (Class 2 combat skin) as operating like it would under PPC fire as it would a FRC. However if we can get more detailed analysis on the capability of the PPC from either AVP2 or Predator:CJ it would be appreciated.

Also note that by halo measurments health is measured at 75 hp and shields offer double protection (overshield triples shield charge.) Fuel rods are measured to damage ~75. If the PPC can deal damage similiar to the FRC, then it should take 2 direct hits to kill a spartan, but if only one hit connects, and the second misses by aprox 15' his health wont be affected and therefore can recharge to maximum hit points.

--------------------------

Master Chief won with the first round, but increasing evidence points the balance in the Predator's favor, however so slightly.

Last edited by Simon_Says on Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FROST wrote:
It would take about 4 plasma bolts to break through the Chiefs energy shielding, tho.

How do you know? From purely visual evidence i think the predator plasma caster is mroe akin to a fuel rod than anythign else. Huge Damage that kills instantly without shielding, and explodes upon impact. Also the speed of both the pred plasma and the fuel rod are similiar.

Voila.

BTW, it takes one super plasma pistol bolt to decharge shields, even overshielded ones. Your statement is inaccurate and i suggest you be more specific.
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master chief stronger? riiight, last time I checked, I never seen Master Chief break a shotgun into millions of peices just by hitting it on the floor. The predator jumps way higher than master chief, hand to hand, sure MC could try hitting the pred. with his gun, but man, it took more than 4 shotgun shots to make the predator in pred 2 fall to the ground, then he got up. If MC tried smacking the pred with a gun, the pred would just impale him with his wristblades. Oh screw the damn 'force shied' it took one lousy charged shot in halo from a jackal to take of his shield, a plasmacaster is stronger than a damn covenant pistol.
Frost

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok first off, holy crap Simon Says. That was an awesemely well done analysis.

Secondly, yah i guess the whole assumption of the chiefs shields being able to stop a plasma bolt was dumb.

Third, i may be a halo junky, but im just as big of a AvP junkie Very Happy
-- Zapp Brannigan
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metal_Pred wrote:
Master chief stronger? riiight, last time I checked, I never seen Master Chief break a shotgun into millions of peices just by hitting it on the floor. The predator jumps way higher than master chief, hand to hand, sure MC could try hitting the pred. with his gun, but man, it took more than 4 shotgun shots to make the predator in pred 2 fall to the ground, then he got up. If MC tried smacking the pred with a gun, the pred would just impale him with his wristblades. Oh screw the damn 'force shied' it took one lousy charged shot in halo from a jackal to take of his shield, a plasmacaster is stronger than a damn covenant pistol.

1: Why should MC smash a perfectly good shotgun to bits?
2: I said MC jumps like a mofo, but he aint a gibbon. What did I imply?
3: My memory's fuzzy, how far away was the guy with the shotgun from the predator?
4: That's why i gave the point to the Predator for melee arsenal. I also gave it one point becasue melee combat should be avoided at all cost. However given the fact that the Predaootr can cloak and simply walk up to MC and slice 'n' dice... -edit-
5: I usually try to read other people's posts before making comments. I already said what you said. Shields can be taken out quickly enough. But if we treat the plasma cannon as a fuel rod cannon for intents on damage, capabilty, speed, accuracy, etc. a spartan soldier can still survive a direct hit from a fuel rod shot. Usually with little damage to actual health. The shields here may prove to be useful as they provide a damage buffer. Also I find the velocity of the plasma bolts (according to Predator 1) to be extremely slow and comparable to fuel rod shots, which are easily dodged.
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:

1: Why should MC smash a perfectly good shotgun to bits?
2: I said MC jumps like a mofo, but he aint a gibbon. What did I imply?
3: My memory's fuzzy, how far away was the guy with the shotgun from the predator?
4: That's why i gave the point to the Predator for melee arsenal. I also gave it one point becasue melee combat should be avoided at all cost. However given the fact that the Predaootr can cloak and simply walk up to MC and slice 'n' dice... -edit-
5: I usually try to read other people's posts before making comments. I already said what you said. Shields can be taken out quickly enough. But if we treat the plasma cannon as a fuel rod cannon for intents on damage, capabilty, speed, accuracy, etc. a spartan soldier can still survive a direct hit from a fuel rod shot. Usually with little damage to actual health. The shields here may prove to be useful as they provide a damage buffer. Also I find the velocity of the plasma bolts (according to Predator 1) to be extremely slow and comparable to fuel rod shots, which are easily dodged.

1. I was comparing strength
2. If you play Pred. Concrete Jungle, the predator's jumps makes MC look sick.
3.in predator 2, the shots were fired from close, not toooo close, but close enough to do damage not as if it was at the other end of the room.
4. no comment
5. I gave my opinion because I don't agree with all your points, so I just said what I thought. People seem to be having problems with me giving my opinion on this forum, some think because I just repeat, hmmm odd that I didn't use the facts you did.
Frost

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u know...it also depends on what weapons each of them have and where they battled. The pred would do well in trees or big rocks. Somewhere were he could use his tremendous jumping abilities. Not that he would be helpless, mind you, in an open field.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Frost

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also i want to point out that while the predators cloak would seriously tip the tides in his favor, he's not completely invisible. A SPARTANs enhanced visual persception might be able to spot the moving blur.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true, but by the time he sees that blurry image, hell have wristblades impaling him.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here we go. I'm dropping point 5.
Point 1: We never saw the Pred flipping over a tank, and i don't remember if he did anything similiar in official canon...
Point 2: Maybe you didn't get it, I was stating that the Spartans jump high comapred to normal humans, but are lousy comapred to predators. Jesus what did you think I was saying?
Point 3: Okay, good point. But (switches on useless desperation mode) the shotgun in Halo was 500 years mroe advanced than the one in Predator 2... (deactivate useless desperation mode) Okay I give up, the Predator is one ugly tough motherfucker.

The cloaking on the Predator (in Predator 1) was effective, but only to a point. If we saw him move, he'd be pretty damn visible. However I beleive the cloaking ability was upgraded in Predator 2, the AVP movie, as well as the AVP and P:CJ games. In AVP2 the Pred was nigh impossible to see with the naked eye. The active camoflauge for Mjolnir Armor was pretty effective, but nowhere near as good as Predator cloaking.

The light refraction is so immensely small, we'd have to see it really up close to actually notice it. By then we'd be impaled. Also the Predators can spend immensly long periods of time while cloaked, while active camo only functions for about a couple of minutes at best.
Frost

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just out of curiosity, Simon Says, have you read the Halo books?
-- Zapp Brannigan
Aramor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the MC's cloak, don't you think that the Pred has a vision mode that enables him to still see the MC while cloaked? Like the default one... Razz

But Simon, real good analysis...

Ok, next question: would Rico be able to whack a Pred? Razz

Fail of the day:
Syn wrote:
your balls didn't get suck
Frost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, more than likely.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Metal_Pred

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon_Says wrote:
Okay, here we go. I'm dropping point 5.
Point 1: We never saw the Pred flipping over a tank, and i don't remember if he did anything similiar in official canon...
Point 2: Maybe you didn't get it, I was stating that the Spartans jump high comapred to normal humans, but are lousy comapred to predators. Jesus what did you think I was saying?
Point 3: Okay, good point. But (switches on useless desperation mode) the shotgun in Halo was 500 years mroe advanced than the one in Predator 2... (deactivate useless desperation mode) Okay I give up, the Predator is one ugly tough motherfucker.

The cloaking on the Predator (in Predator 1) was effective, but only to a point. If we saw him move, he'd be pretty damn visible. However I beleive the cloaking ability was upgraded in Predator 2, the AVP movie, as well as the AVP and P:CJ games. In AVP2 the Pred was nigh impossible to see with the naked eye. The active camoflauge for Mjolnir Armor was pretty effective, but nowhere near as good as Predator cloaking.

The light refraction is so immensely small, we'd have to see it really up close to actually notice it. By then we'd be impaled. Also the Predators can spend immensly long periods of time while cloaked, while active camo only functions for about a couple of minutes at best.

1- I really doubt that any spartan could really flip a tank over...they just had to do it like that sowe could always use the tank...but whatever..

2.Sorry, read to fast, thought that you were saying spartans jumped higher than preds.

3- Agreed
Wrist-bladesRus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the spartans flipping stanks over, Bungie had to incorporate taht into the game cuz otherwize ppl that like u drive down a cliff would be left tankless to face like 2 hunters and a crap load of elites and stuff, so basically the strenght should be equal withe the preds.
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but you are stupidly ignoring the evidence. It doesn't matter why, or if it's possible. We see MC flipping a tank over. It's canon evidence. You can't disagree without deserving public humiliation and a good spanking.

No I have not read any of the books, only played the first game. However I knew more about halo than my friends (who are supposedly halo junkies) before I ever got the game. (I love the internet)
Frost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do seem to really know what your talking about.

p.s.-the 3 books are quite good. you should give them a try sometime. Very Happy
-- Zapp Brannigan
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, The Flood is basically a novelised version of the game. The Fall of Reach, well, everyone knows that humanity's primary extraterrestrial colony get it's ass owned. First Strike is basically about Master Chief kicking more ass.

Now, the real challenge, who would win?
Master Chief vs Hamster Chief vs Master Chef vs Master Cheat vs Chaster Mief vs Master Cheif?
Frost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. master chef. "Here try my new Jackel Fried Rice." "NO?" "Then I'm gonna pwn your ass!!"
-- Zapp Brannigan
Simon_Says

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FROST wrote:
u know...it also depends on what weapons each of them have and where they battled. The pred would do well in trees or big rocks. Somewhere were he could use his tremendous jumping abilities. Not that he would be helpless, mind you, in an open field.

Master Chief would be wasted on open terrain. Without lots of cover, MC would be owned pretty quick by the Pred's PPC. Master Chief would do well in tight, indoor spaces, such as Forerunner ruins, Starships interiors, and the like. Limited space would confine the Pred's agility, and would make grenading far easier for MC.

I also believe Hamster Chief would p4wn all. I mean, he'd go do a Spamtaro impersonation and proceed with the hamster dance. Dee-di-dee-di-do-do...
Frost

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But imagine, if you will, that same open place. But this time give him a sniper rifle. Different story. So it would really depend alot on weapons.
-- Zapp Brannigan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Aliens, Predators, all that All times are GMT - 5 Hours
    page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: