Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
NBA Finals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: NBA Finals Reply with quote

so is anyone following the Finals? the Lakers won both games at their court, next games will take place in Orlando.
so far the Magic are consistently weaker in all respects. their got a royal beating in the first game, and, although they did put up a much better perfomance last night, they still couldn't steal the win. LA comes across as a complete, well-rounded team as compared to Orlando's rather erratic behaviour. shame really, because i hoped for some more excitement in the series, not to mention that among the Magic subs there's a fellow countryman of mine, who's the third overall Pole in the league, but the first one to actually amount to anything. so it's understood that i take this year's finals slightly more personally than usual.
overall, there's no question that it's the Lakers who are the better team and deserve the cup more, and they probably are going to win anyway, but i hope the Magic will at least make it a bit harder for them in the following games.
cfos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped watching basketball after the Jazz were knocked out of the play-offs. I do feel like sending David Stern an email as he must be crying himself to sleep that LeBron isn't in the finals -- even after the refs did there best to call fouls on any player that encroached on the 3 foot radius given to Kobe and Lebron. Somehow, the Magic still won (over the Cavs).
Sal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they won because they have a bald bearded mean-eyed Polish beast in the squad!

and you're right of course about the 3 foot radius around Kobe and Bron, but from what i've seen so far, Dwight Howard is also getting some of that treatment.
Sal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update: after Orlando showed some quality play in game 3 and took it deservedly, game 4 stripped them down to their incompetent, reckless selves again.
what do you do when you're 5 points ahead at 40 seconds left in the game? why, you go and blow the lead of course, by turning the ball over, trusting random rookies with clutch shots, missing free throws and allowing the rival unbothered easy baskets. all's left is not to try too hard in the overtime and there you have it, another comfortable loss.
cheap, efficient, untroublesome.

so Lakers lead 3-1, and are set to take the cup. although i wouldn't put it past them to take a day off in game 5, so that they can celebrate on their own turf.

[on a side note, the Pole made two monster dunks in the last game. and they say white men can't jump!]
Sal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
I stopped watching basketball after the Jazz were knocked out of the play-offs.

hood11 wrote:
I stopped watching basketball after the Jazz were knocked out of the play-offs.

is there an echo in here?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: