Alien Loves Predator Forum Index

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
inFamous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:21 am    Post subject: inFamous Reply with quote

Love it. Was torn between getting this game and [Prototype] and got this one. I don't think it was a bad choice (I also wanted to get a game for the PS3 and I figured I'd pick up the other for the 360). Aside from a little bit of wonk with the jumping from time to time -- when flee-ing, sometimes I jump to avoid gunshots and wind up stuck in a tree, I really think it is fun.
Bloo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cfos wrote:
Love it. Was torn between getting this game and [Prototype] and got this one.

Okay, I need to know this already. Who here has played both? Which one is better?
cfos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloo wrote:
cfos wrote:
Love it. Was torn between getting this game and [Prototype] and got this one.

Okay, I need to know this already. Who here has played both? Which one is better?

Guy at the store said [Prototype] is DEFINATELY more horrific (+ gore factor). Said inFamous has a better story. I think Prototype has more variety in what you can do. I think he said you start out with claw-hands and then go on to different weapons. I think you can also "become" people by assuming their identity. Not sure how that works, but it does add something to how you can choose to play the game. inFamous is more good/evil choices. Good = Blue and some good types of shooting lightning. Bad = Red and other types of shooting lightning.

I think that [prototype] is likely more complete. Not sure if this is what you need to know.
Bloo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably end up getting both once I feel like buying a PS3. I heard there was a newer slim version coming out anyway and I always liked those.
Syn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I own both games, and they are both excellent, infamous is one of the best games for ps3 yet, but prototype is much better in a graphical violence sense.
Bloo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of them ever get that repetitive feeling whenever you play for it too long? That's what I'm mostly worried about.
Syn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

infamous does to a degree, but it offset by Cole's overwhelming coolness, especially in the last section of the game once you are getting close to unlocking all of his abilities. When you learn what attacks wreck specific enemies and start getting used to using the weird shield he unlocks he will fucking own.

Spoiler:
the last 'boss fight' is incredibly easy, that was the only dislike i had with the game. oh and the twist is, the last boss is actually Cole, from a different timeline, one where he didn't learn to use his powers 'selflessly'

Bloo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syn wrote:
Spoiler:
the last 'boss fight' is incredibly easy, that was the only dislike i had with the game. oh and the twist is, the last boss is actually Cole, from a different timeline, one where he didn't learn to use his powers 'selflessly'

That actually seems to happen in a lot of games. I mean the last boss being easy, not that weird twist, which sounds like a nice change from the usual, "You killed my family. Prepare to die."
EETURFLESH

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prototype (I'm not putting the []s in front of it because it makes you look pretentious) is great fun. It's definitely a little fiddly at the beginning, many of the powers are redundant or downright useless, and much of the scenery is pretty bland, but any game where you can consume a soldier, transform into him, accuse his squadmate of being you, and then turn into an armored, blade-armed monstrosity as the remaining soldiers scratch their heads in confusion is a winner in my book.

Haven't tried inFamous, but unless you can do the above action, I'm not interested.
Syn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude!! Cole would SO totally kick Alex Mercers ass!! Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Alien Loves Predator Forum Index -> Video games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: