Comments

Blaster
January 23, 2007 at 10:50 am

Interesting…

Lilyiris
January 23, 2007 at 11:19 am

I wonder if they are all green…. physical manifestations of B.O. that is…

kiramuse
January 23, 2007 at 11:33 am

Lilyiris wrote:
I wonder if they are all green…. physical manifestations of B.O. that is…

That’s perfectly logical question…yet somehow I’m afraid to find out the answer. :?

Bizarre comic today.

Spock 1701
January 23, 2007 at 1:11 pm

Logical.

Strange. Didn’t get the punchline the first time around, but now I see… hmm

rabid
January 23, 2007 at 1:45 pm

Omg, I almost busted a lung. The b.o. part was pretty good, but when the Jewish remark came out I snorted O.J. on my keyboard. I’ll be sending you a bill.

Lilyiris
January 23, 2007 at 2:07 pm

I laughed. I laughed hard.

Chloeee
January 23, 2007 at 2:15 pm

Bizarre? Yes. Genius? YES.

Ahmadenijad sharing beers with his own B.O. slayed me.

Also nice lighting in the third panel.

I know a guy who wears a Perry Ellis cologne (but I’m not sure if it’s "Reserve"). And I find him delicious. Except I don’t think he’s the type who would appreciate ALP, so it’d never work out. ;)

:x
Chloe

TeratoMarty
January 23, 2007 at 3:21 pm

My boss’ BO is on the verge of incarnating… it would be nice if it at least had a companionable personality, so that at least one of them would.

As to colognes, don’t overdo it. Someone smelling like Wall-o-Cologne is almost as bad as incarnated BO. Maybe the cologne would incarnate, too, a sort of yellow figure to duke it out with the green. And then you get those guys who try to cover up BO with cologne- they could have two incarnations following them around.

Sorry, I’m getting silly.

spasticfreakshow
January 23, 2007 at 3:22 pm

i have got to post that in some of the jewish forums i’m in. brilliant! i think when iran finally ousts ahmad-notarealman-jihad they’re gonna lynch that piece of BO.

Lilyiris
January 23, 2007 at 3:51 pm

Do men even wear cologne anymore? Men seem to spell like nice deoderant these days… and not coolwater or whatever the F. maybe it’s just me…


January 23, 2007 at 4:11 pm

Curve! I LOVE that stuff!! Any man could wear that I would be shedding my clothing for them, no matter who they might be. It’s the ONLY cologne I’ve ever loved to smell on a guy.

Lilyiris
January 23, 2007 at 4:41 pm

s² wrote:
Curve! I LOVE that stuff!! Any man could wear that I would be shedding my clothing for them, no matter who they might be. It’s the ONLY cologne I’ve ever loved to smell on a guy.

ME TOO! God, it is amazing! It has made me much more forward than I usually am…..

kiramuse
January 23, 2007 at 5:02 pm

Lilyiris wrote:
Do men even wear cologne anymore? Men seem to spell like nice deoderant these days… and not coolwater or whatever the F. maybe it’s just me…

Actually, my honey wears Sandalwood-scented oil, and he smells oh-so-very-good. I always love it when he wears that stuff…makes me happy. :D

Army of Darkness
January 23, 2007 at 5:06 pm

Tres, tres bizarre. Weird as my sense of humour is I just didnt laugh. I got the irony bit though, so at least it made sense. As for my bo, hmm, it can be a bit overhelming when Ive had a busy day at work, but its a good job I have both Cologne & deodorant…

Lilyiris
January 23, 2007 at 5:07 pm

kiramuse wrote:

Lilyiris wrote:
Do men even wear cologne anymore? Men seem to spell like nice deoderant these days… and not coolwater or whatever the F. maybe it’s just me…

Actually, my honey wears Sandalwood-scented oil, and he smells oh-so-very-good. I always love it when he wears that stuff…makes me happy. :D

Sandalwood! Really! Not my cup of tea. I think Sandalwood smells like someone wiped their ass on a tree and then wiped that on a hippee…
I am not trying to offend you, so please don’t be mad… It’s so funny because my roommate just bought a Sandalwood candle and I tried to describe the smell to my buddy… so that is the second time I have gotten to describe it :lol:

kiramuse
January 23, 2007 at 5:21 pm

ROFL! Oh, my, well when you describe it, you describe it! No, I’m not insulted. Everyone has their own scent-interests, and not everyone’s going to like every scent in the world. If they did…well, I think we’d all be on an olfactory system overload.

Lilyiris
January 23, 2007 at 5:22 pm

Right on!

starpete
January 23, 2007 at 7:05 pm

Hey Bernie,

I didn’t work from home this summer, but I was unemployed, and while I couldn’t spend more than 1 day without taking a shower, it was not because I felt dry but exactly the opposite: I felt like my skin was oily and slimy and whatnot.

Pierre

missmimi
January 23, 2007 at 11:08 pm

Lilyiris wrote:

kiramuse wrote:

Lilyiris wrote:
Do men even wear cologne anymore? Men seem to spell like nice deoderant these days… and not coolwater or whatever the F. maybe it’s just me…

Actually, my honey wears Sandalwood-scented oil, and he smells oh-so-very-good. I always love it when he wears that stuff…makes me happy. :D

Sandalwood! Really! Not my cup of tea. I think Sandalwood smells like someone wiped their ass on a tree and then wiped that on a hippee…
I am not trying to offend you, so please don’t be mad… It’s so funny because my roommate just bought a Sandalwood candle and I tried to describe the smell to my buddy… so that is the second time I have gotten to describe it :lol:

Hey, wait a minute, she said sandalwood, not patchouli!

megabigBLUR
January 24, 2007 at 1:51 am

So should we ask George Bush to stop showering?

Munan
January 24, 2007 at 4:54 am

This is an instant classic.

It’s just so random and weird and just very, very good.

Great one, Bernie!

Also, as a matter of fact, there is a point in Ahmedinajad having a Jewish body odour.

EDIT: Also, I only realise this now, but when I was a kid (I think I was about seven or so) I actually dreamt the current story-line, i.e. I dreamt a body odour took a sentient form and talked with me, along with a fart doing the same…

Lilyiris
January 24, 2007 at 8:57 am

missmimi wrote:

Lilyiris wrote:

kiramuse wrote:

Lilyiris wrote:
Do men even wear cologne anymore? Men seem to spell like nice deoderant these days… and not coolwater or whatever the F. maybe it’s just me…

Actually, my honey wears Sandalwood-scented oil, and he smells oh-so-very-good. I always love it when he wears that stuff…makes me happy. :D

Sandalwood! Really! Not my cup of tea. I think Sandalwood smells like someone wiped their ass on a tree and then wiped that on a hippee…
I am not trying to offend you, so please don’t be mad… It’s so funny because my roommate just bought a Sandalwood candle and I tried to describe the smell to my buddy… so that is the second time I have gotten to describe it :lol:

Hey, wait a minute, she said sandalwood, not patchouli!

basically the same in my book. Both very very unpleasant odors.

Rocktavia
January 24, 2007 at 12:02 pm

megabigBLUR wrote:
So should we ask George Bush to stop showering?

Brilliant. I’m game. Maybe he wouldn’t stink so bad in the first place!

…and how did Corinna manage to manifest B.O. of the opposite sex? That’s talent…

Lilyiris
January 24, 2007 at 12:04 pm

probably all B.O. is of the opposite sex. Like Ying and Yang or some jazz…. right?

Aurelyn
January 24, 2007 at 1:09 pm

Fantastic strip!
So deodorant could be construed as a murder weapon in certain circumstances? I must know a lot of pacifists….

CatCreature
January 24, 2007 at 1:21 pm

Lilyiris wrote:
probably all B.O. is of the opposite sex. Like Ying and Yang or some jazz…. right?

So if I kill my B.O. with deodorant I’m really unbalanced…? :o

Lilyiris
January 24, 2007 at 1:30 pm

CatCreature wrote:

Lilyiris wrote:
probably all B.O. is of the opposite sex. Like Ying and Yang or some jazz…. right?

So if I kill my B.O. with deodorant I’m really unbalanced…? :o

who knows… I’m just throwin’ stuff out there. :lol:

Aurelyn
January 25, 2007 at 7:03 am

CatCreature wrote:

Lilyiris wrote:
probably all B.O. is of the opposite sex. Like Ying and Yang or some jazz…. right?

So if I kill my B.O. with deodorant I’m really unbalanced…? :o

You could nearly kill your B.O., stick it in a closet somewhere, and haul it out for those moments when you need a bit more Ying in your life…

CatCreature
January 25, 2007 at 1:45 pm

aurelyn wrote:

CatCreature wrote:

Lilyiris wrote:
probably all B.O. is of the opposite sex. Like Ying and Yang or some jazz…. right?

So if I kill my B.O. with deodorant I’m really unbalanced…? :o

You could nearly kill your B.O., stick it in a closet somewhere, and haul it out for those moments when you need a bit more Ying in your life…

Can’t! My closet is crowded with the guys I haul out for those moments I need a bit more Yang in my life! :wink:

Cool! Bernie at MySpace! I’m trying to put together a list of funny homepages that I visit regually in my blog and (of course) AlP is in it.

Rench
January 30, 2007 at 9:39 am

Happy birthday! Same as mine, creepy…

Anyway, your Kings X comment made me think of a horrible story arc you could have for Abe, based on their big single back in the mid 90′s. Maybe it would just molt off? :shock:

-Rench

big ben
February 1, 2007 at 12:06 pm

It can’t be jewish, for the following reasons:
-To be a jew, your father and grandfather have to be jews
-If male, you have to be circumcised
The latter is impossible, as Abe detects so clearly in the next strip.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Close this window.