Comments

Socran
March 30, 2005 at 9:50 am

Hmm… Don’t quite get it. The last panel or the post. Everything but the punchline’s funny though.

Guest
March 30, 2005 at 9:54 am

Socran wrote:
Hmm… Don’t quite get it. The last panel or the post. Everything but the punchline’s funny though.

Think about it. 70 pushups with his penis. One usually does pushups with his hands, or one hand even. Just think about a pushpop, you’ll get it.

Private Whore
March 30, 2005 at 10:11 am

Thx, I get the joke too now. Lol, that’s funny.

Abe only thinks about one thing, now does he… :P

Dahaka
March 30, 2005 at 10:36 am

Morons….

Ouatic-7
March 30, 2005 at 10:49 am

Thank you, Guest, for explaining the joke. Being a daft female monkey I didn’t get it from the panel.

Anon
March 30, 2005 at 11:00 am

I don’t get it either? Masterbation?

Dahaka
March 30, 2005 at 11:06 am

Serenity Now!

Captain Sexy
March 30, 2005 at 11:23 am

Can’t say it’s registering with me, either. It’s still funny, just for some other reason than the punchline.

Guest
March 30, 2005 at 11:31 am

Right. That pushpop thing… No clue. Just some very disturbing images. Anyone mind actually EXPLAINING either?

Private Whore
March 30, 2005 at 11:54 am

The Alien (the black thing) thinks the Predator (the not so black thing) uses push ups as a euphemism for masturbating. Does that compute? Or should I draw you a schematic?

Guest
March 30, 2005 at 12:32 pm

you just quoted alien: resurrection in a message board about a comic strop regarding predator masturbation. that’s kinda disturbing and i’m not sure why.

Kihunter16
March 30, 2005 at 12:50 pm

I wish i could do 70 push ups with my penis :lol:

VIRus
March 30, 2005 at 1:25 pm

That was a very interesting comic, had to come into the forums to find out about the last panel, and, I think I get it now…heh

Smoochy
March 30, 2005 at 1:46 pm

SCORE!….

…And then you woke up and realized you dreamed the whole thing?

Private Whore
March 30, 2005 at 3:31 pm

Anonymous wrote:
you just quoted alien: resurrection in a message board about a comic strop regarding predator masturbation. that’s kinda disturbing and i’m not sure why.

I’m not sure why you find that disturbing either… anyone?

Wrightgirl
March 30, 2005 at 4:31 pm

I just found this today and I thought I was so funny…I went to the beginning and read every single one!!! So great!!!

Todays was also very funny!

I had to join…fricken great!!! :lol:[color=violet:d1440c0118][/color:d1440c0118]

Xeno.Morph
March 30, 2005 at 8:19 pm

Dahaka’s freaking out from a stupidity overload and people are being nerdy about the aliens movies. Well, I’ll show YOU!

Okay. So. Aliens are hydraulic when it comes to strength. They have 14 PSI under their exoskeletons. They evolved in extreme conditions and must have lots of strength to survive. So, in the comic, Abe would more accurately be able to benchpress Pres benching Abe benching Pres benching Abe benching Pres benching Abe benching 314 pounds. Give or take a tonne.

So, aliens have the strength of biomechanoids and predators have the strength of… Um… Three humans.

Add the above facts to the fact that Abe is a drone, and drones are the only males of a hive and have but one purpose… (Not including caring for eggs) Abe would be the one doing the pushpop thing…

*PHEW*

Hah! I just out-nerded all of ya’z!

Guest
March 30, 2005 at 11:00 pm

Dork

bleekaface
March 30, 2005 at 11:58 pm

I been doin cock pushups.
Cock Pushups?
Yeah.
What are those?
Its where you fuckin lay down flat on the ground.
Yeah…
And then you let your boner lift you up off the ground.
N…no, that’s, that’d be impossible. Your cock can support your whole
weight?
Well not at first…
Yeah?
But over time.
Hmm…how many pushups can you do?
…cock pushups?
Yeah…I guess, you could only do one really.
Yeah, well one is all ya need

nice post today…too funny

Guest
March 31, 2005 at 3:39 am

Xeno.Morph wrote:
Dahaka’s freaking out from a stupidity overload and people are being nerdy about the aliens movies. Well, I’ll show YOU!

Okay. So. Aliens are hydraulic when it comes to strength. They have 14 PSI under their exoskeletons. They evolved in extreme conditions and must have lots of strength to survive. So, in the comic, Abe would more accurately be able to benchpress Pres benching Abe benching Pres benching Abe benching Pres benching Abe benching 314 pounds. Give or take a tonne.

So, aliens have the strength of biomechanoids and predators have the strength of… Um… Three humans.

Add the above facts to the fact that Abe is a drone, and drones are the only males of a hive and have but one purpose… (Not including caring for eggs) Abe would be the one doing the pushpop thing…

*PHEW*

Hah! I just out-nerded all of ya’z!

Your logic is flawed! (hah, outnerderd you just with that)

Besides the fact that Drone Aliens can’t bench press at all, seeing as they have a thing against lying on their backs, they’re really not as strong as you claim they are.

We all know a predator is really, really quite heavy. So if Abe were to do those things you listed, why is it that an army of Drone Aliens can’t even get into that room those guys in the second ALien movie fortified? naw, they had to sneak in! that’s what they do, sneaking, they are not made for acts of brawn.

tenchi89
March 31, 2005 at 9:54 am

Going to have to agree. If preston does have the strength of three humans (I’m going to say three above average humans cause preston kicks that much ass) that means he should be able to bench around 1000 pounds. This would mean the density of his bones would have to be about tripple what a humans is not to mention his height is also larger. This would put him weighing in at around 350 or so. Now I’m going to take a wild guess about the aliens, and guess that they weigh roughly the same (abe that is) being that an endoskelleton is known for being light weight but durable (I am correct in thinking that they are more bug like then skeletal right?) So with this said preston is correct in saying he could bench Abe Benching 315. Now the true question is how much could an alien “lift” I really havent seen the alien movies but once or twice. I do remember seeing them do some pretty spectacular stuff, but never anything amazing. They are meant to survive in harsh climates so that would mean they are durable but not strong. And if what Xeno wrote was correct the Alien Queen would have ripped that loaders arms off and shoved it down her throat. So I will personally guess that an alien can easily lift twice its body weight possibly three times. This would make Abe slightly stronger then Pres, but only slightly.

Socran
March 31, 2005 at 10:23 am

well, excuse me for not instantly assuming masturbation. I still don’t get the story about the tall girls/short guys thing.

As for a Xenomorph’s strength, they didn’t have to sneak in. They could’ve easily ripped that door to shreds and gotten shot in the head multiple times (not to mention in other areas, but if you’ve ever played D&D you know that those kind of skeletal creatures resist piercing shots). And nobody’s positive of the actual strength of the power loader. For all we know, that thing may be able to lift a black hole, however impossible that may be. So although they may not be built for bench pressing, they might just be able to lift an ATV. But why do that when you can shoot your tongue through the side?

my own greatest fan
March 31, 2005 at 11:24 am

tenchi89 wrote:
Going to have to agree. If preston does have the strength of three humans (I’m going to say three above average humans cause preston kicks that much ass) that means he should be able to bench around 1000 pounds. This would mean the density of his bones would have to be about tripple what a humans is not to mention his height is also larger. This would put him weighing in at around 350 or so. Now I’m going to take a wild guess about the aliens, and guess that they weigh roughly the same (abe that is) being that an [b]endoskelleton[/b] is known for being light weight but durable (I am correct in thinking that they are more bug like then skeletal right?) So with this said preston is correct in saying he could bench Abe Benching 315. Now the true question is how much could an alien “lift” I really havent seen the alien movies but once or twice. I do remember seeing them do some pretty spectacular stuff, but never anything amazing. They are meant to survive in harsh climates so that would mean they are durable but not strong. And if what Xeno wrote was correct the Alien Queen would have ripped that loaders arms off and shoved it down her throat. So I will personally guess that an alien can easily lift twice its body weight possibly three times. This would make Abe slightly stronger then Pres, but only slightly.

the aliens have a exoskeleton. endoskeleton is for the terminator :) exo is for exponential and the terminator does not have his skeleton out of his body but inside. the alien has his skeleton on the outside. :wink:

Guest
March 31, 2005 at 12:17 pm

Which makes you think about the xenomorph skull found in Predator 2 – though using the older Pred movies as sources regarding Alien information is a flawed tactic at best.

But who’s to say that aliens, being the durable critters they are, don’t have the benefits of both worlds – both endo- and exoskeletons, I mean?

As for the Alien assault on the fortified position in Alien II – well, they ARE natural survivors, and even though they COULD have out-ammoed (not really a word, I think, but I use it anyway) the turrets and then proceeded to rip open the doors and go in with the proverbial guns blazing, tactic-wise it was a brilliant feat to leave the humans thinking that they WOULD go in guns blazing as they (I assume) tried to sneak around the humans and cut them off from their escape.

Or am I just crazy talking?

Guest
March 31, 2005 at 12:42 pm

Maybe that skull on the wall is a flayed and chemically-treated exoskull. It’s just not black anymore.

tenchi89
March 31, 2005 at 1:41 pm

Opps. Its been a long week, trying to quit smoking. I did mean exoskeleton. This is why I should read my posts before I put them up. Thanks for seeing that.

Socran
March 31, 2005 at 1:46 pm

So, the discussion is now on their skeletal system? Well, I’ve always suspected that the Xenomorphs had a sort of mixed skeleton. If I remember correctly, there are areas of their bodies that look sort of like exomuscles (not seen anywhere on Earth, but often seen on Sci-Fi movies and Dragonball Z). While I think their entire bodies are covered by a thin exoskeleton, they show evidence of not only an endoskeleton, but a CLOSED CIRCULATORY SYSTEM, making them completely unlike most insects. Albeit this circulatory system seems to be inside their endoskeletons much like our bone marrow, there are body segments where the two skeletons apparently have muscle seperating them. Notice this entire thing is “I think” or “it seems”. This is all speculation, but from first-hand evidence.

Xeno.Morph
March 31, 2005 at 3:36 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Xeno.Morph wrote:
Dahaka’s freaking out from a stupidity overload and people are being nerdy about the aliens movies. Well, I’ll show YOU!

Okay. So. Aliens are hydraulic when it comes to strength. They have 14 PSI under their exoskeletons. They evolved in extreme conditions and must have lots of strength to survive. So, in the comic, Abe would more accurately be able to benchpress Pres benching Abe benching Pres benching Abe benching Pres benching Abe benching 314 pounds. Give or take a tonne.

So, aliens have the strength of biomechanoids and predators have the strength of… Um… Three humans.

Add the above facts to the fact that Abe is a drone, and drones are the only males of a hive and have but one purpose… (Not including caring for eggs) Abe would be the one doing the pushpop thing…

*PHEW*

Hah! I just out-nerded all of ya’z!

Your logic is flawed! (hah, outnerderd you just with that)

Besides the fact that Drone Aliens can’t bench press at all, seeing as they have a thing against lying on their backs, they’re really not as strong as you claim they are.

We all know a predator is really, really quite heavy. So if Abe were to do those things you listed, why is it that an army of Drone Aliens can’t even get into that room those guys in the second ALien movie fortified? naw, they had to sneak in! that’s what they do, sneaking, they are not made for acts of brawn.

You’re assuming that just because they got it, they’ll flaunt it. They could, but it’s not worth getting shot. How are they to know there’s only five rounds left? From their point of view, another tactic was needed. What the hell do you think fills their ginormous heads!? Plant matter!? And they don’t need to lie on their backs. They curl up in alcoves on the walls. Aliens are more psychic, telepathic, basically brainier creatures. Predators are all like “Yargh! I shall punch thee!” Aliens can punch too, but they got wicked claws and blades on their arms. Why would you try punching something when you could slice it to itty bitty pieces with lots of strength behind it?

And I can assume Aliens are superior because in fact, they don’t exist. And neither do predators. So there. :P

H.R. GIGER AND BOLAJI BADEJO FRIKKIN’ ROCK, MAN!

Hey hey! You know when Abe was singing Iron-Man? Technically, he really IS iron man!
Iron = inorganic
Man = organic
Abe is a silicon/carbon based life form.
Silicon = inorganic
Carbon = organic

Inorganic + Organic = Abe!

Tada!

OHH! BURN! I JUST OUTNERDED THE ANONYMOUS NERD!

Xeno.Morph
March 31, 2005 at 3:37 pm

Socran wrote:
So, the discussion is now on their skeletal system? Well, I’ve always suspected that the Xenomorphs had a sort of mixed skeleton. If I remember correctly, there are areas of their bodies that look sort of like exomuscles (not seen anywhere on Earth, but often seen on Sci-Fi movies and Dragonball Z). While I think their entire bodies are covered by a thin exoskeleton, they show evidence of not only an endoskeleton, but a CLOSED CIRCULATORY SYSTEM, making them completely unlike most insects. Albeit this circulatory system seems to be inside their endoskeletons much like our bone marrow, there are body segments where the two skeletons apparently have muscle seperating them. Notice this entire thing is “I think” or “it seems”. This is all speculation, but from first-hand evidence.

THAT’S EXACTLY MY POINT! I love you, nerdy.

Captain Sexy
March 31, 2005 at 6:03 pm

Push-pop.

Guest
March 31, 2005 at 7:33 pm

my own greatest fan wrote:
…exo is for exponential…

Hehe…..Uuummmm….you sure ’bout dat fella?

Weasel
March 31, 2005 at 9:41 pm

The aliens are from a movie. They don’t have any detailed body systems laid out. They just look scary.

Xeno.Morph
March 31, 2005 at 10:04 pm

Weasel wrote:
The aliens are from a movie. They don’t have any detailed body systems laid out. They just look scary.

That’s kind of what I said but without all the nerdiness. Thank you Captain Obvious.

Ahem… “And I can assume Aliens are superior because in fact, they don’t exist. And neither do predators. So there. :P ”

I’m eating gummy rabbits and chicks. The taste of suffering is delicious.

Xeno.Morph
March 31, 2005 at 10:12 pm

Bolaji Badejo = <3 <3 <3
H.R. Giger = *Stares in awe*

I can draw, but not as good as Giger! And Bolaji had the job of my dreams! *Sigh* He played the alien in the first aliens movie. He’s like seven feet tall. African warrior of some sort. Must go read about him again to remember exactly what… Oooh! It! Pennywise! Must watch! Stephen King! *Jumps from computer, sending keyboard and monitor crashing*

General Grievous
April 1, 2005 at 12:56 am

One possibility is dat Abe has both x and endo skeletons. B’sides, aliens seem soo capable of lifting Preds using an arm or tail.

Guest
April 1, 2005 at 1:31 am

Xeno.Morph wrote:

Add the above facts to the fact that Abe is a drone, and drones are the only males of a hive and have but one purpose… (Not including caring for eggs) Abe would be the one doing the pushpop thing…

umm, if i recall, there is no male involvement required in alien reproduction, the eggs laid by the queen form complete organisms even without other aliens around (as seen in ressurection, avp). Therefore the drone aliens most likely have no reproductive organs, so we can’t even technically specify that they are male or female (or maybe they are all female, and when one queen dies, the other females fight to take the place, i dont know how it works). Their “one purpose” is to protect the queen/eggs and find new hosts.

Guest
April 1, 2005 at 3:16 am

The other fiction (comics and graphic novels, etc) has said that aliens hatched from eggs are asexual. The first egg laid by a queen (such as the cross-hatched alien in AvP) is a kind of “super” alien, and can turn into an egg laying queen (but won’t unless its mother is killed). Queens can also lay these special eggs on purpose if they want. They’re cool – the facehuggers are bigger. I can’t remember – didn’t Alien3 say something about that too? Seems like Ripley had a Queen chestburster in her. So anyways, there aren’t any males or females, because only one member of a colony reproduces at any given time.

Obviously, this is all fiction, and it doesn’t really mirror any real-life reproduction cycle, but it’s a pretty cool melding of different reproductive methods if you ask me.

Xeno.Morph
April 1, 2005 at 6:41 am

Anonymous wrote:

Xeno.Morph wrote:

Add the above facts to the fact that Abe is a drone, and drones are the only males of a hive and have but one purpose… (Not including caring for eggs) Abe would be the one doing the pushpop thing…

umm, if i recall, there is no male involvement required in alien reproduction, the eggs laid by the queen form complete organisms even without other aliens around (as seen in ressurection, avp). Therefore the drone aliens most likely have no reproductive organs, so we can’t even technically specify that they are male or female (or maybe they are all female, and when one queen dies, the other females fight to take the place, i dont know how it works). Their “one purpose” is to protect the queen/eggs and find new hosts.

Ahem. That’s not how it works AT ALL. There are four castes in an alien hive. Think BEE HIVE but with another caste.

Runner
Drone
Warrior
Praetorian

All of them are FEMALE except for the drone. Runners and warriors are simply infertile. Praetorians are juvenile queens and must grow to become a queen to create another hive and lay eggs. Now, you’re using the fourth aliens movie as an example. The fourth aliens movie is, I must say, a load of crap. It was written by the guy that does Buffy. And did you not catch the entire thing where those aliens were HYBRIDS!? And, just because you didn’t SEE the queen mating doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. As I recall, many aliens escaped and rampaged around the station.

And the asexual nature of Aliens as is implied in the novels is kinda crap too. READ THE ONES BASED ON THE DAMN MOVIES! THE MOVIES ARE RIGHT, ALL OTHERS ARE JUST WRITTEN BY THIRD-PARTY-AUTHORS!

I hope I cleared EVERYTHING up for you.

Xeno.Morph
April 1, 2005 at 6:47 am

Aramor wrote:

Anonymous wrote:
you just quoted alien: resurrection in a message board about a comic strop regarding predator masturbation. that’s kinda disturbing and i’m not sure why.

I’m not sure why you find that disturbing either… anyone?

Maybe it’s because it’s a PREDATOR. *Shudder.* Damn ugly mutants from the black lagoon! … Where their spaceship is. Where I sabotaged it.

Umm. What’s a comic strop?

Guest
April 1, 2005 at 7:11 am

Xeno.Morph wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Xeno.Morph wrote:
Dahaka’s freaking out from a stupidity overload and people are being nerdy about the aliens movies. Well, I’ll show YOU!

Okay. So. Aliens are hydraulic when it comes to strength. They have 14 PSI under their exoskeletons. They evolved in extreme conditions and must have lots of strength to survive. So, in the comic, Abe would more accurately be able to benchpress Pres benching Abe benching Pres benching Abe benching Pres benching Abe benching 314 pounds. Give or take a tonne.

So, aliens have the strength of biomechanoids and predators have the strength of… Um… Three humans.

Add the above facts to the fact that Abe is a drone, and drones are the only males of a hive and have but one purpose… (Not including caring for eggs) Abe would be the one doing the pushpop thing…

*PHEW*

Hah! I just out-nerded all of ya’z!

Your logic is flawed! (hah, outnerderd you just with that)

Besides the fact that Drone Aliens can’t bench press at all, seeing as they have a thing against lying on their backs, they’re really not as strong as you claim they are.

We all know a predator is really, really quite heavy. So if Abe were to do those things you listed, why is it that an army of Drone Aliens can’t even get into that room those guys in the second ALien movie fortified? naw, they had to sneak in! that’s what they do, sneaking, they are not made for acts of brawn.

You’re assuming that just because they got it, they’ll flaunt it. They could, but it’s not worth getting shot. How are they to know there’s only five rounds left? From their point of view, another tactic was needed. What the hell do you think fills their ginormous heads!? Plant matter!? And they don’t need to lie on their backs. They curl up in alcoves on the walls. Aliens are more psychic, telepathic, basically brainier creatures. Predators are all like “Yargh! I shall punch thee!” Aliens can punch too, but they got wicked claws and blades on their arms. Why would you try punching something when you could slice it to itty bitty pieces with lots of strength behind it?

And I can assume Aliens are superior because in fact, they don’t exist. And neither do predators. So there. :P

H.R. GIGER AND BOLAJI BADEJO FRIKKIN’ ROCK, MAN!

Hey hey! You know when Abe was singing Iron-Man? Technically, he really IS iron man!
Iron = inorganic
Man = organic
Abe is a silicon/carbon based life form.
Silicon = inorganic
Carbon = organic

Inorganic + Organic = Abe!

Tada!

OHH! BURN! I JUST OUTNERDED THE ANONYMOUS NERD!

you do know you’re avoiding the matter at hand: benchpressing ;) Drone Aliens can’t benchpress

and Preds got blades on their arm, friggin long ones too (nothing a little acid can’t fix it seems, but meh)

Also, in Alien 3, the running couldn’t quite get through those rusty doors (window no problem).

On a side note, why does the AVP(movie) queen appear to be much stronger than the Aliens queen?

Oh nameless one
April 1, 2005 at 7:12 am

oh, and that was from the same guest as before. I don’t intend to post here that much, love the comic though.

Call me Revhain, if you like.

Guest
April 1, 2005 at 8:59 am

Quote:

On a side note, why does the AVP(movie) queen appear to be much stronger than the Aliens queen?

AVP blows, though.

Socran
April 1, 2005 at 11:28 am

Anonymous wrote:

AVP blows, though.

Can I kill him?

Private Whore
April 1, 2005 at 11:43 am

Xeno.Morph wrote:

Aramor wrote:

Anonymous wrote:
you just quoted alien: resurrection in a message board about a comic strop regarding predator masturbation. that’s kinda disturbing and i’m not sure why.

I’m not sure why you find that disturbing either… anyone?

Maybe it’s because it’s a PREDATOR. *Shudder.* Damn ugly mutants from the black lagoon! … Where their spaceship is. Where I sabotaged it.

Umm. What’s a comic strop?

So I can’t quote anything about somethin if were not talking about it? I think that’s the purpose of quotes. Then again, who am I?

Xeno.Morph
April 1, 2005 at 3:14 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Xeno.Morph wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Xeno.Morph wrote:
Dahaka’s freaking out from a stupidity overload and people are being nerdy about the aliens movies. Well, I’ll show YOU!

Okay. So. Aliens are hydraulic when it comes to strength. They have 14 PSI under their exoskeletons. They evolved in extreme conditions and must have lots of strength to survive. So, in the comic, Abe would more accurately be able to benchpress Pres benching Abe benching Pres benching Abe benching Pres benching Abe benching 314 pounds. Give or take a tonne.

So, aliens have the strength of biomechanoids and predators have the strength of… Um… Three humans.

Add the above facts to the fact that Abe is a drone, and drones are the only males of a hive and have but one purpose… (Not including caring for eggs) Abe would be the one doing the pushpop thing…

*PHEW*

Hah! I just out-nerded all of ya’z!

Your logic is flawed! (hah, outnerderd you just with that)

Besides the fact that Drone Aliens can’t bench press at all, seeing as they have a thing against lying on their backs, they’re really not as strong as you claim they are.

We all know a predator is really, really quite heavy. So if Abe were to do those things you listed, why is it that an army of Drone Aliens can’t even get into that room those guys in the second ALien movie fortified? naw, they had to sneak in! that’s what they do, sneaking, they are not made for acts of brawn.

You’re assuming that just because they got it, they’ll flaunt it. They could, but it’s not worth getting shot. How are they to know there’s only five rounds left? From their point of view, another tactic was needed. What the hell do you think fills their ginormous heads!? Plant matter!? And they don’t need to lie on their backs. They curl up in alcoves on the walls. Aliens are more psychic, telepathic, basically brainier creatures. Predators are all like “Yargh! I shall punch thee!” Aliens can punch too, but they got wicked claws and blades on their arms. Why would you try punching something when you could slice it to itty bitty pieces with lots of strength behind it?

And I can assume Aliens are superior because in fact, they don’t exist. And neither do predators. So there. :P

H.R. GIGER AND BOLAJI BADEJO FRIKKIN’ ROCK, MAN!

Hey hey! You know when Abe was singing Iron-Man? Technically, he really IS iron man!
Iron = inorganic
Man = organic
Abe is a silicon/carbon based life form.
Silicon = inorganic
Carbon = organic

Inorganic + Organic = Abe!

Tada!

OHH! BURN! I JUST OUTNERDED THE ANONYMOUS NERD!

you do know you’re avoiding the matter at hand: benchpressing ;) Drone Aliens can’t benchpress

and Preds got blades on their arm, friggin long ones too (nothing a little acid can’t fix it seems, but meh)

Also, in Alien 3, the running couldn’t quite get through those rusty doors (window no problem).

On a side note, why does the AVP(movie) queen appear to be much stronger than the Aliens queen?

Wow, it looks like when you hold two mirrors together and it goes WHEE into infinity… Anyways

Predators don’t have blades on their arms, they’re on their WRISTS! And they’re not friggin’ long, they were lengthened for the AVP movie! And a drone can too benchpress. You’re lying on a thin cushioned thing. His spikes would just be on either side. And the runner couldn’t get out because it’s just a RUNNER! It’s the weakest of the castes! And the doors weren’t rusted, they were friggin’ thick! And the AvP movie is highly inaccurate. Besides, in the second Aliens movie, do you really think they had the technology (Like the CG and stuff of today) then that we do now? That queen was just a big puppet! If the movie was redone today, it would be a lot better. Oh, and stop nitpicking, you little nitpicker. You pick nits. Lots and lots of nits. Oodles, I must add. You’re covered in nits. I just text-pwned ya. 1 r t3}{ uB3|2 //3|2|). All your base are belong to us.

LovleAnjel
April 1, 2005 at 3:49 pm

Xeno.Morph wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

Xeno.Morph wrote:

Add the above facts to the fact that Abe is a drone, and drones are the only males of a hive and have but one purpose… (Not including caring for eggs) Abe would be the one doing the pushpop thing…

umm, if i recall, there is no male involvement required in alien reproduction, the eggs laid by the queen form complete organisms even without other aliens around (as seen in ressurection, avp). Therefore the drone aliens most likely have no reproductive organs, so we can’t even technically specify that they are male or female (or maybe they are all female, and when one queen dies, the other females fight to take the place, i dont know how it works). Their “one purpose” is to protect the queen/eggs and find new hosts.

Ahem. That’s not how it works AT ALL. There are four castes in an alien hive. Think BEE HIVE but with another caste.

Runner
Drone
Warrior
Praetorian

All of them are FEMALE except for the drone. Runners and warriors are simply infertile. Praetorians are juvenile queens and must grow to become a queen to create another hive and lay eggs. Now, you’re using the fourth aliens movie as an example. The fourth aliens movie is, I must say, a load of crap. It was written by the guy that does Buffy. And did you not catch the entire thing where those aliens were HYBRIDS!? And, just because you didn’t SEE the queen mating doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. As I recall, many aliens escaped and rampaged around the station.

And the asexual nature of Aliens as is implied in the novels is kinda crap too. READ THE ONES BASED ON THE DAMN MOVIES! THE MOVIES ARE RIGHT, ALL OTHERS ARE JUST WRITTEN BY THIRD-PARTY-AUTHORS!

I hope I cleared EVERYTHING up for you.

This is a eusocial group. The queen and praetorian are both diploid, drones are haploid, runners are diploid. So–queen and princess have a full compliment of genes (two pairs). Drones have only one set. So the runners share 1/2 their DNA with mom, 1/2 with dad, and 3/4 with eachother, and are made infertile by the introduction of hormones during gestation. Runners are thus more loyal to the other runners in the colony than to the “royalty”, since they are more closely related. The princesses sound like they are essentially parthenogenic offspring, meant to rapidly colonize new areas (parthenogenic=no boys required). Ants, bees, wasps, and naked mole rats follow this general type of system (though they are not parthenogenic–but snakes are!). Any more questions?

Xeno.Morph
April 1, 2005 at 4:01 pm

Praetorians grow into Queens before laying eggs… And I think they can lay drone eggs without mating so they can start their own hive… But that’s just me… Did you piece that together from science or did you read it somewhere? If you read it, I’d like to find out where.

And queens I think are made the same way bees are. A larva is chosen and fed different food and so grows into a queen… I guess the facehugger had different yolk or something, or Ripley set it off… (Third movie)

Socran
April 2, 2005 at 11:15 am

I’m pretty sure that in the AvP games (which I hear have been dubbed canon by Giger himself) they said something about Xenomorphs merely not becoming Queens/Praetorians because of pheromones given off by those that are already born. This is not only an excuse as to why that single Xeno inside Ripley was a Queen, it implies that the Queen in Aliens was already there during the first movie. Chances are, it was locked up in the same way as the Queen from the AvP movie, and the drones that infested the colonists released her.

Xeno.Morph
April 3, 2005 at 8:15 am

Socran wrote:
I’m pretty sure that in the AvP games (which I hear have been dubbed canon by Giger himself) they said something about Xenomorphs merely not becoming Queens/Praetorians because of pheromones given off by those that are already born. This is not only an excuse as to why that single Xeno inside Ripley was a Queen, it implies that the Queen in Aliens was already there during the first movie. Chances are, it was locked up in the same way as the Queen from the AvP movie, and the drones that infested the colonists released her.

AHAHAHAHAA! You just made me laugh harder than usual when I laugh at stupidity. Okay. So. The queen in the MOVIES was NEVER locked up! You just didn’t see her! Der! And in the avp games, they added a “Carrier” and a “Ravager” just because they wanted more money. I don’t count them as “real” in the sense of the franchise….

Guest
April 3, 2005 at 9:23 am

Anonymous wrote:

my own greatest fan wrote:
…exo is for exponential…

Hehe…..Uuummmm….you sure ’bout dat fella?

actually yes i am. exo comes from latin and exponential is a modified version of exo changed into the english.

presdon_is_cool
April 3, 2005 at 9:35 am

is it?

RobinHood3000
April 3, 2005 at 8:21 pm

What’s this about the AvP movie being inaccurate? I feel a debate coming on…

one ugly muthafugga
April 4, 2005 at 1:53 am

Quote:
exo is for exponential and the terminator does not have his skeleton out of his body but inside.

…..someone doesn’t know what “exponential” means…..

Guest
April 5, 2005 at 7:33 pm

Actually Xeno could be right, and the movies be wrong about exhibiting Alien’s real strength. For instance…insects with exoskeletons, such as the simple ant, can carry up to ten times its own body weight. Considering Alien is pretty much an enormous insect with an exoskeleton and a whole lotta drool…why can’t they be that strong? Well, maybe the producers of the movie just chose not to show just how strong they really should be and instead made them weaker in exchange for their endoskeleton (Predator 2 Alien skull). Besides what fun would it be if Aliens were THAT strong, there would be no fight, no real victories, and no possible chance of human survival . [/u]

Warrior Alien
April 5, 2005 at 7:37 pm

Okay somethin’ ain’t right…I logged in on the forums BEFORE posting so the above statement SHOULD show I’m logged in….I’ll figure it out someday

OH YEAH…NOW it works

Socran
April 5, 2005 at 7:42 pm

Ravager and… No, I’m talking about the computer ones. In particular, AvP2′s plot was helped along with Giger’s making sure the Xenomorph anatomy and social structure was correctly implied. And by locked up, I mean in chains like the queen in the AvP movie. Whatever game you may have played that had a “ravager” is definitely not what I’m talking about.

Trust me, I check my sources. I’ve sorted through a lot of bull trying to figure these guys out.

Weasel
April 5, 2005 at 9:51 pm

Xeno.Morph wrote:

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Just doin’ my job, citizen. Captain Obvious, away!

PrdQueen
January 9, 2011 at 12:19 am

Screw all of you, the Predator is the best!
You could se in Predator 2 he was 1 and a half metres away when he got shot with bullets the size of my thumb. Aliens, however, would die if that happens. And Predators are smarter. Aliens act on instinct, while Predators are very intellegent. It is their honour that makes them so bold when they hunt.

I counter-act your nediness with my own brand of Kick-Ass Logic.

(.)_(.)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Close this window.