Comments

fuddle
February 6, 2006 at 6:57 am

First post for my first post.

Great as always, Bernie.

Shelax
February 6, 2006 at 7:25 am

Excellent, Bernie…but why did Abe refer to himself in the third person on the bottom left hand panel?

Rift Wolf
February 6, 2006 at 7:35 am

And is that the correct spelling for consentual?

iocus
February 6, 2006 at 7:37 am

ABE STOLE PRESTON’S LINE!

I liked the images that were in sequence and accompanied by dialogue.

- ][ocus

Kurosaki Ichigo
February 6, 2006 at 8:29 am

That was great.

Grim...
February 6, 2006 at 9:16 am

As well as Abe stealing Preston’s line, Eliza says ‘you’ when she should say ‘we’.

Other than that – excellent :)

Abe wrote:
Well then… turn around

Perfection :D :D

starrschaos
February 6, 2006 at 9:18 am

http://www.taintedink.com/index.htm

LMAO! wonderful comic today!

Sal
February 6, 2006 at 9:41 am

^ dunno what the link has to do with it but why not?

the foreplay theory is an ace in itself. so true…

Master Chainsaw
February 6, 2006 at 9:44 am

Great episode. Abe’s embodiment of most every negative male stereotype is not nearly as disturbing as the idea of the cuddle party.

bravus
February 6, 2006 at 9:52 am

Yes, that *is* the correct way to spell ‘consensual’! Yes, Eliza just repeats back what you say, rather than changing the grammar, because she’s a computer! (see the earlier Eliza panel).

Yes, it’s possible the tail on the speech bubble in the bottom left corner panel should go to Preston… but let’s not bust Bernie’s chops for our own spelling issues… ;)

Digitaaliklosetti
February 6, 2006 at 10:23 am

Cuddle Parties are non-sexual? Riiiight…

It’s like that crap on NAMBLA’s website. “Oh, we’re not trying to create any loopholes to laws concerning child rape, we just want to able to love!

Blaster
February 6, 2006 at 10:34 am

Digit wins.

Edward Brock
February 6, 2006 at 12:31 pm

Man, what the hell is going on in the the aLpoholics? :shock: :lol:

Excelent episode, as always.

bernieh
February 6, 2006 at 12:52 pm

bravus wrote:
Yes, it’s possible the tail on the speech bubble in the bottom left corner panel should go to Preston…

Doh, thanks for catching this. I fixed it.

Edward Brock wrote:
Man, what the hell is going on in the the aLpoholics?

Yeah, I gotta go take care o’ that too…

Scourge
February 6, 2006 at 1:05 pm

El-Oh-El. :D

mmmerf
February 6, 2006 at 2:10 pm

Completely unrelated question, feel free to disregard or whap me with a mackerel, whatever seems appropriate:

How does Abe lean back on the sofa when he’s got those spines/bony protrusions/what have yous coming out his back?

I need closure on this, people!

Italy
February 6, 2006 at 2:15 pm

Well the…turn around.

I HAVE to try this one!

DarthDidious
February 6, 2006 at 2:45 pm

Another great comic brunie. Keep it up.

angelus_raptor
February 6, 2006 at 3:18 pm

Nice comic. As usual, Abe is a Basket.

Sal
February 6, 2006 at 4:27 pm

i don’t get it.
that “too close for comfort” thing is featured on the official website of these cuddle-freaks as if it were a good recommendation of the pastime. have they even read the article? if not, i can briefly tell them what it is all about: this is a sarcastic criticism of your silliness, people. this is an anti-advert. remove it from your website or it’ll scare off your potential cuddle-buddies.

Xhydra
February 6, 2006 at 4:35 pm

There goes Abe and his crazy antics again. I wonder is Preston and Corinna will ever get back together. Then, I wonder if Abe will ever stop hitting of Corinna.

Bumnut
February 6, 2006 at 4:35 pm

How can you still play Alien vs Predator games?

After following AlP for a while, I don’t think I’ll ever be able ot shoot an alien or a predator ever again, even virtually, without feeling sorry for Abe or Preston…

Pimpman
February 6, 2006 at 5:23 pm

Well great as always Bernie thanks for showing the potential pervertedness I could achieve(well friday helped with that bu that’s another story)

Aelina_Songmaker
February 6, 2006 at 5:55 pm

I knew about cuddle parties a while ago. They mentioned them on an episode of CSI: New York where a blind girl got murdered.

crimsontiger6
February 6, 2006 at 7:00 pm

If i went to a cuddle party my nuts would explode :shock:

Ipsa
February 6, 2006 at 8:04 pm

bernieh wrote:

bravus wrote:
Yes, it’s possible the tail on the speech bubble in the bottom left corner panel should go to Preston…

Doh, thanks for catching this. I fixed it.

Aw… I thought it was funnier with Abe saying it. Kinda made it seem like he was mimicking Eliza.

BaconNeggs
February 6, 2006 at 11:31 pm

Ever heard of “Quiet Parties”? I think that’d make a good strip.
There’s also the Remote Lounge where there’s a whole bunch of webcams in a club. If you see someone cute you can pick up the phone and start talking to them.

Holly Resurrected
February 6, 2006 at 11:36 pm

Saw the thing on cuddle parties not too long ago on an episode of Penn & Teller’s Bullshit. Quite freaky.

It’s good to see Corinna and Preston actually standing in the same room and not putting hexes on each other or playing pranks involving super glue.

“Then turn around.” :lol:

Khushi
February 7, 2006 at 12:36 am

and this is the ONLY reason i love mondays. <3 bernie.

are you serious? cuddle parties?! i get the no sex part, but that is still disturbing.

Blaster
February 7, 2006 at 12:38 am

Cuddling is good. These parties are a perversion.

scumbag
February 7, 2006 at 7:51 am

From the Cuddle Party sites FAQs:

Quote:
…since the state of arousal is natural for us human beings, it’s no surprise that erections sometimes do occur…. At a Cuddle Party, erections become Mother Nature’s way of giving us the thumbs-up sign. Nothing’s wrong. Nothing’s dirty. Nothing’s suspect. And as long as you’re not dry humping anyone (Rule #7), it’s completely okay. Really.

:shock:

So erections are A.O.K.! Sign me up! Funny thing, it doesn’t specify that the erections have to stay inside your pants. Hmmm. :twisted:

(Yes, I am as sick – and desperate – as Abe)

Pimpman
February 7, 2006 at 8:03 am

scumbag wrote:
From the Cuddle Party sites FAQs:

Quote:
…since the state of arousal is natural for us human beings, it’s no surprise that erections sometimes do occur…. At a Cuddle Party, erections become Mother Nature’s way of giving us the thumbs-up sign. Nothing’s wrong. Nothing’s dirty. Nothing’s suspect. And as long as you’re not dry humping anyone (Rule #7), it’s completely okay. Really.

:shock:

So erections are A.O.K.! Sign me up! Funny thing, it doesn’t specify that the erections have to stay inside your pants. Hmmm. :twisted:

(Yes, I am as sick – and desperate – as Abe)

LOL yeah really there no harm in that

Munan
February 7, 2006 at 8:16 am

Holly wrote:
It’s good to see Corinna and Preston actually standing in the same room and not putting hexes on each other or playing pranks involving super glue.

Using Corinna as a crash test dummy to see whether or not Abe is able to touch a woman in a non-sexual way isn’t?!

Darth Vader
February 7, 2006 at 9:39 pm

Cuddle Party Huh?…

Who the Hell wants to touch the Alien?? :shock:

$900 BUCKS for training to cuddle that Nutz!!

Some People…..
:twisted:

Holly Resurrected
February 8, 2006 at 1:44 am

Munan wrote:

Holly wrote:
It’s good to see Corinna and Preston actually standing in the same room and not putting hexes on each other or playing pranks involving super glue.

Using Corinna as a crash test dummy to see whether or not Abe is able to touch a woman in a non-sexual way isn’t?!

But he doesn’t actually touch her, he just points. No touch, no foul!

xofer
February 8, 2006 at 1:58 am

Holly wrote:
Saw the thing on cuddle parties not too long ago on an episode of Penn & Teller’s Bullshit. Quite freaky.

If you go to the Cuddle Party website, they list all the media in which they’ve been featured. There’s no mention of the Bullshit episode, despite the fact that they were featured rather prominently there. Funny, that… ;)

Holly Resurrected
February 8, 2006 at 2:04 am

xofer wrote:

Holly wrote:
Saw the thing on cuddle parties not too long ago on an episode of Penn & Teller’s Bullshit. Quite freaky.

If you go to the Cuddle Party website, they list all the media in which they’ve been featured. There’s no mention of the Bullshit episode, despite the fact that they were featured rather prominently there. Funny, that… ;)

Wierd. Penn and Teller (well, Penn anyway) says that they always show older episodes of the show to potential interviewees to let them know what they’re in for. This makes me really confused as to why anybody would actually appear on that show to defend their position knowing that they’d be portrayed in such an unflattering way. I think people probably have the idea that since they’re so right that the sheer force of their rightness will convert any non-believers, but I’m getting off topic. Those guys seemed more the kind to trumpet their prominancy on Bullshit rather than try to cover it up.

Blaster
February 8, 2006 at 3:20 am

On second thought, if a bunch of people want to get together and cuddle, good for them. Everyone wants to feel wanted.

Holly Resurrected
February 8, 2006 at 3:25 am

Blaster wrote:
On second thought, if a bunch of people want to get together and cuddle, good for them. Everyone wants to feel wanted.

I sort of agree. Some of the people on Bullshit said that being in a group where everybody just lay around and cuddled was really good for them, because touch is an important part of the human experience and they really needed to be in contact with people.

The problem is they have to pay for it. If people were just getting together to cuddle it would be no problem, but the hosts charge something like $40 for each session, which sounds suspiciously like prostitution to me. It’s basically taking advantage of lonely people for profit.

Blaster
February 8, 2006 at 4:08 am

Hey, they have to pay for the overhead and make a little profit.
Oh well, plenty of things take advantage of lonely people: liquor distillers, romance novel writers, cyanide pill manufacturers, etc. ;)
Yeah, I think I’m just rambling here. I think I’m gonna go cuddle my pillow…

Holly Resurrected
February 8, 2006 at 4:16 am

Blaster wrote:
Oh well, plenty of things take advantage of lonely people: liquor distillers

Hey, I drink because I like to, not because I’m lonely! I like to drink!! I’m so lonely!! *sob* :cry:

Antidistinctlyminty
February 8, 2006 at 8:18 am

Cuddle Party
CuddleParty
Cuddle……Party
Cudd leParty
Cud dleParty

It doesn’t seem to matter how you write it, say it or think it.
It is still weird.

Quote:
So erections are A.O.K

I hear Viagra are after permission to use this quote as their new marketing tool… heheheh tool.
:lol:

juliatrocity
February 9, 2006 at 2:08 pm

Am I the only one who has actually attended a cuddle party?

They don’t always cost money. The media events are free, but you have to be willing to be featured in whatever magazine or show press shows up for.

So I’ve been to two cuddle parties, both of which were silly and fun and satisfying. I was definitely the youngest one by a longshot (I actually lied about my age the first time because I wasn’t quite 18); most of the people there were middle-aged professional types, with a couple hippie goofballs.

There were two television crews from Sweden and one news team from Philadelphia. Somehow my mother saw the news the day they showed the cuddle party piece, so she called me up laughing at me in my spiderman pajamas and orange pigtails.

Blaster
February 9, 2006 at 7:58 pm

juliatrocity wrote:
Am I the only one who has actually attended a cuddle party?

Well, at the very least, you’re the only one who is admitting so. :P

Hm, I don’t know if I could cuddle strangers; that’s kind of a personal thing.

Note to self: must be at least 1-[cool face] to attend a cuddle party.

BaconNeggs
February 10, 2006 at 12:50 am

As weird as it sounds, I think a cuddle party can serve its uses. There are people that either sleep around or stay in abusive relationships just to have that human intimacy of simply spooning.

Holly Resurrected
February 10, 2006 at 2:18 am

Good points all, but I maintain that charging people money for these things like the couple on Bullshit did sucks majorly. If you have to pay, you should at least get to dry-hump.

Blaster
February 10, 2006 at 3:02 am

Hm, hosting a dry hump party…CHA-CHING!

Munan
February 10, 2006 at 5:44 am

Well, if we’re coming out anyway…

When I was about 18, 19, I’d regularly have parties that ended in what nowadays would be called a cuddle-party (the existence of which I only found out through Bernie making an aLp-comic about it). Although we didn’t have them, we’d generally adhere to the rules these cuddle-parties seem to have.

I’m such a trend-setter…

Sal
February 10, 2006 at 9:33 am

you’re a ground-breaker. it’s is you who should be making money on this. life’s so unfair.

Munan
February 10, 2006 at 10:09 am

sal_p wrote:
you’re a ground-breaker. it’s is you who should be making money on this. life’s so unfair.

I know, back then girls had an irrepressible urge to cuddle me.

Ah, memories…

Blaster
February 10, 2006 at 10:39 am

Munan wrote:
I know, back then girls had an irrepressible urge to cuddle me.

They still do, but now you can get fired for it. ;)

BaconNeggs
February 10, 2006 at 10:53 am

Holly wrote:
If you have to pay, you should at least get to dry-hump.

There’s nothing stopping you from going somewhere immediately afterwards with someone you met at the party to do whatever. I think the purpose IS to take the sex out of it. It would make it uncomfortable for the other people if there were 2 people grinding away.
There are real group orgy clubs if you wanted that. Just take a trip to canada [url]http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20051221/SCC_swingersruling_20051221/20051221?hub=CTVNewsAt11

juliatrocity
February 10, 2006 at 2:01 pm

Sure, it’s more fun to cuddle with bunch of good friends, but I like affection from strangers and being around people who are sweet to me even though they don’t know me.

Yeah, it’s a pain that it costs money, but I don’t think that makes the interaction insincere. Paying the organizers/hosts is not the same as paying people to cuddle with you.

Khushi
February 10, 2006 at 5:24 pm

cuddling without sex? that seems so.. empty. (but i would not want either one with a stranger.. no way.)

Pieh
February 10, 2006 at 5:49 pm

I wonder if you’re allowed to bring cameras there.

Darth Vader
February 10, 2006 at 7:19 pm

Indeed does feel empty NO SEX….

Disturbing Even!! :shock:

Munan
February 11, 2006 at 6:58 am

Blaster wrote:

Munan wrote:
I know, back then girls had an irrepressible urge to cuddle me.

They still do, but now you can get fired for it. ;)

Thanks for reminding me, man.

By the way…
Isn’t the relationship between a male moderator and the female visitors of his forum quite the same as the relationship between a male teacher and his female students?

Sal
February 11, 2006 at 8:45 am

except for the eye-contact and body language maybe. and these go a long way…

Antidistinctlyminty
February 11, 2006 at 10:02 am

Munan wrote:
I know, back then girls had an irrepressible urge to cuddle me.
Ah, memories…

You mean mammaries, right?

Man, I’m getting puerile again… :D

Blaster
February 11, 2006 at 4:49 pm

Munan wrote:
By the way…
Isn’t the relationship between a male moderator and the female visitors of his forum quite the same as the relationship between a male teacher and his female students?

I wouldn’t know. :cry:

Munan
February 12, 2006 at 10:52 am

Aw, come on! I know most of the female board-members have an urge to cuddle you!

Antidistinctlyminty wrote:

Munan wrote:
I know, back then girls had an irrepressible urge to cuddle me.
Ah, memories…

You mean mammaries, right?

Man, I’m getting puerile again… :D

Well, so do I.

Anyway, cuddling is cool, I’ve just stopped doing it to relative strangers and nowadays restrict myself mostly to my girlfriend.

Blaster
February 12, 2006 at 1:59 pm

Munan wrote:
Aw, come on! I know most of the female board-members have an urge to cuddle you!

Agreed. But that’s hardly tantamount to having a relationship. ;)

predizbadass14
February 12, 2006 at 8:49 pm

alp is awesome. I have an idea about the comic, you could make a Freddy Krueger reference or an Elm Street reference(which would be good since EVERY town, has an elm street. Even new york. :twisted:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Close this window.